Teaching with IPUMS
Classroom accounts. Registered IPUMS users can create classroom accounts that allow them to share data extracts with students through our website. Student registration is also streamlined.
Data usage exercises. These exercises are designed to familiarize users with the IPUMS metadata browsing system; provide tips for using the microdata; and guide users through the online tabulation system.
- Website metadata exercises.
- Data analysis (stata).
- Online data analysis.
- See the instructions or the video tutorial for more information about the tabulator.
Statistics exercises using IPUMS. These exercises are designed to teach basic statistical concepts using R and real world census microdata from IPUMS-International. Your input is welcome and can be directed to email@example.com. Please refer to "IPUMSI Statistics Exercises" in the subject.
- I. Exploring Data Questions | Exploring Data Answers.
- II. Probability | Probability Answers.
- III. Confidence intervals | Confidence Interval Answers.
Syllabi and class exercises. We are in the process of collecting teaching materials that use IPUMS data, which we will post on our site. If you have such materials and are willing to share them, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.