Codes and Frequencies
Most IPUMS data transformations are performed using variable harmonization tables that specify how each value in the source data is recoded. Some variables also require programming logic in addition to the harmonization table. The harmonization documents for this variable are:
MIG1_P_KH indicates the person's province of previous residence within Cambodia.
Click on the Source Variables tab for information on place of residence for each sample year. Source variables may contain more geographic unit detail but are not suitable for cross-temporal comparison.
Comparability — General
Where boundaries changed over time, units were harmonized to create units with boundaries that remain stable over time.
- There were shifts in province boundaries between Siem Reap and Oddar Meanchey between 1998 and 2005.
- Phnom Penh province expanded its borders, absorbing parts of Kandal province between 2009 and 2011.
- Preah Sihanouk province expanded its borders, absorbing parts of Koh Kong province in 2009.
- Cambodia 1998: Persons born in a different village
- Cambodia 2004: Persons born in a different village
- Cambodia 2008: Persons born in a different village
- Cambodia 2013: Present persons born in a different village
- Cambodia: 1998, 2004, 2008, 2013