Codes and Frequencies
Most IPUMS data transformations are performed using variable harmonization tables that specify how each value in the source data is recoded. Some variables also require programming logic in addition to the harmonization table. The harmonization documents for this variable are:
MIG2_10_ZW indicates the person's district of residence 10 years ago within Zimbabwe. Migration district codes for MIG2_10_ZW are compatible with codes for GEO2_ZW.
Click on the Source Variables tab for information on place of residence for each sample year. Source variables may contain more geographic unit detail but are not suitable for cross-temporal comparison.
Comparability — General
MIG2_10_ZW references provinces from the previous Zimbabwe census in 2002, and some districts are combined to create consistent boundaries with other sample years.
- Trojan Mine were combined with Bindura to make Bindura Urban
- Chivhu Local Board was combined with Chikomba
- Mutoko Growth Point was combined with Mutoko
- Bulilimamangwe North and Bulilimamangwe South combined to make Bulilima
- Zvishavane Mine and Zvishavane Town were combined to make Zvishavane Urban
- Zimbabwe 2012: Persons age 10+
- Zimbabwe: 2012