Codes and Frequencies
Most IPUMS data transformations are performed using variable harmonization tables that specify how each value in the source data is recoded. Some variables also require programming logic in addition to the harmonization table. The harmonization documents for this variable are:
MIG1_5_PY indicates the person's department of residence 5 years ago in Paraguay.
Click on the Source Variables tab for information on place of residence for each sample year. Source variables may contain more geographic unit detail but are not suitable for cross-temporal comparison.
Comparability — General
Where boundaries changed over time, units were harmonized to create units with boundaries that remain stable over time.
Boundary changes according to the Atlas Censal del Paraguay, Dirección General De Estadistíca, Encuestas Y Censos:
- Change in boundaries between Misiones and Ñeembucú
- Change in boundaries between Guairá, Caazapá, and Paraguarí
- Change in boundaries between Caaguazú, Alto Paraná, and Canindeyú. Canindeyú created in the 1982 census
- Change in boundaries between Presidente Hayes, Boqueron, and Alto Paraguay
- The two departments Chaco and Nueva Asunción existed only in the 1982 census
District of residence five years ago is available in MIGPY2.
- Persons age 5+
- Paraguay: 1972, 1982, 1992, 2002