|Dominican Republic 1981||Nepal 2011||Romania 2011||Vietnam 1999|
|Germany 1987||Panama 1980||Spain 2001||Vietnam 2009|
|Iran 2006||Poland 2002||Spain 2011|
|Jordan 2004||Romania 1977||Suriname 2012|
|Malaysia 1991||Romania 2002||United States 2015|
Data on building: please complete only if you are the owner or manager of this building
[Questions 1 to 4 were asked only of the owner or manager of the building]
3. Year of construction (year ready for occupation)
 Up to 1900
[Years were listed individually between 1963 and 1987, but those are omitted in this version of the form]
Questions 45-55 should be filled out for households residing in Conventional residential unit (number 1 in Question 44)
54. The year when the construction of the housing unit was completed.
 Before 1966
35. General explanation about Questions 45 through 55
Fill these questions only for those households who live in a conventional residential unit (box 1 question 44) and leave it blank for households living in other types of units.
45. The year when the construction of the housing unit was completed, Question 54
Ask about the year when the construction of the unit was completed and identify the situation by marking one of the 1 to 15 boxes. For instance, if the construction was completed in year 1385 (2006), mark box 1 and if it was completed in 1366 (1987), mark box 12.
- It is possible that the housing unit was finished in a certain year and some parts have been added to it in later years. Then consider the year in which the main unit was completed as the answer.
Question 134 - the year of beginning of construction (laying the foundation):
This question is about the year when the construction of the building began. This is the year when the foundation of the building, or a part of it, was laid. The question is not about the year or the years when there were other additions to the building. For example, if the construction began by the building that consists of three rooms and their annexes in the year 1962. Then another floor was added in year 1975. In this case, the year of construction of the building is 1962 and not 1975. The enumerator in this case enters the year of construction in the corresponding field in the question. The entry fills four cells as follows 1962. In the case the year of the construction of the building is not known, the enumerator should write the phrase "not known" in the corresponding field.
With respect to marginal buildings (barracks, tents and hair tents, caves, caravans), they don't have a year of construction because they are marginal buildings. In this case, the enumerator put the sign (-). For industrial buildings (hangars and pre-fabricated buildings) used for purposes of industry or commerce, they should have year of construction.
[2.5] How old is the house? ____
2.5 How old is the house?
The age of the house where the family is living in should be determined/identified and written in years. If the house is constructed is less than a year ago, 00 should be written in the specified place. If the house was constructed earlier, and some floors were added later, then the first construction date should be identified in case of such a house and accordingly the total number years should be written. The family living in rental may not know the age of the house. In such case, the age should be written as per the response from the owner of the house.
14. Was this dwelling built between 1970 and 1980?
 Doesn't know
If "Yes", write the year of construction ____
1. Information about the building should be determined only in case of buildings housing more than one dwelling. In case there are two or more enumerated dwellings in the building, indicate information about the building only in the first enumerated dwelling.
2. Information about the buildings housing the dwellings which are managed by legal persons and organizational units without legal personality will be given by the administrative authorities of these buildings.
3. Information about the individual buildings owned by private persons i.e. about single-family houses and the so-called small dwelling-houses should be determined by the enumerator during the census and be directly filled-in to the Questionnaire A.
Question 3a and 3b. Period of the building construction? [p. 59-60]
41. It is considered as the year of construction, the year when the building was put into commission, respectively the year when the building's works were completed, (when all the inside equipment was fixed, and finishing works terminated).
For the buildings partially put into commission, the year of construction will be considered the year when the first dwelling was finished, or whether it was a single dwelling building, when the first room was ready for habitation.
For the buildings where the extension attachment have been undertaken, or new floors were added, after the construction was finished, the year of construction may be the year when the building was originally constructed. If these additional spaces are larger than the initial building capacity (expressed by the size of the new created surface), the year of construction will be considered the year of the latest additional construction (or additional extra floor was constructed).
For the buildings, where reconstruction have been undertaken, by transforming more than 50 % of the initial construction, the year of construction will be considered the year when this house was rebuild.
When the year of construction is unknown, this will be assessed taking into consideration the following particularities:
26. Building construction period (year)
No questionnaire text is available for this sample.
The construction period of the building refers to the date in which the building has been finished. For those buildings that have suffered a substantial reform after their construction, it is considered as a year of construction in which the said reform has been finished.
Its objective is to know the age of the area of buildings and the recent evolution of the construction during the last years.
Categories of this variable:
Part 1: Characteristics of the inhabited building
[Applies to questions 1 - 4]
4. In what year / period was this building erected?
2. About when was this building first built?
2. Mark the box that corresponds to the year in which the original construction was completed, not the time of any later remodeling, additions, or conversions.
If the building was first built in 2000 or later, enter the exact year it was built.
If you live on a boat or in a mobile home, enter the year corresponding to the model year in which it was manufactured.
If you do not know the year the building was first built, enter your best estimate.
51. What year did the dwelling start to be used?
 2 From 1975 to 1999
 3 From 2000 to now