Number of children ever born alive
[Questions 26 - 32: Women aged 12 to 54 years (if in North Sudan only complete this section for women who are or have ever been married)]
If no children, write "00"
27. How many of these children are living with [the respondent] in this household?
Male _ _
Female _ _
7.7. LFQ fertility questions 26-32
The remaining questions are only asked of women aged 12 to 54 years old. If you are asking questions for a male, or a female 11 years old or less or 55 years or older, stop and go to the next person listed on the questionnaire. In the 15 states of North Sudan, these questions are not asked of never married females as reported in Q24.
Q27 "How many of those children are living with [the respondent] in this household?" Continuing with the same female respondent, ask question 27.
- Write the total number of male children who are living with the mother in the household in the boxes under the column "male."
- Write the total number of female children living with the mother in the household in the boxes under the column "female".
- Remember to use two digits. If there are no male children living with the mother write "00" in the male column. Do the same for female children.
- Shade in the numbers corresponding to the numbers written in the boxes.
- Ask if any of these children living with the mother in the same household spent census night in the household.
- If so, check that they are listed in question 1.
- If the respondent had failed to identify any child who spent census night in the household, then you must write down their names in question 1 and go back to Q1-Q14 and gather information on the missed children after you complete questions 26 through 32.