Codes and Frequencies
OVERSEA indicates if the household member was working overseas at the time of the census.
Comparability — General
This variable is generally comparable across samples, although the language of the census instructions varies and the 2010 census applies a minimum age universe for the question. In 1990 and 1995 the question stipulates that persons with a job working abroad are to be counted, even if they were temporarily on vacation and present at the time of the census. The 2000 and 2010 instructions do not provide such specifics.
- Philippines 1990: All persons
- Philippines 1995: Persons in private households
- Philippines 2000: All persons
- Philippines 2010: Persons age 10+
- Philippines: 1990, 1995, 2000, 2010