Data Cart

Your data extract

0 variables
0 samples
View Cart

Hungarian Central Statistical Office
2011 Census

For the enumerator about the tasks of Census 2011


[Table of content omitted]

I. General information, tasks of the different phases of the enumeration

1. The importance of the enumerator's work

The enumerator is the key participant of a successful census, and his/her conscientious work is the basis of an efficient enumeration. His/her job starts on September 27th, 2011 and ends on October 31st, and at the latest on November 8th with the supplementary enumeration finished. The enumeration period starts on 1st October 2011 and ends on 31st October. All dwellings and the persons living in the dwellings of an enumeration district of 70-140 addresses have to be enumerated and questionnaires about the related dwellings and persons have to be fulfilled in this time. The enumerator's work is directly managed and controlled by the supervisor.

It is possible that after reading the questionnaires and the instructions for completing the questionnaires, you might find the tasks connected to the enumeration too dry, mechanic or 'too official'. However, you will experience that the world in which the enumerator does his/her job is very colorful and diverse. You have to ring the bell to homes of families and households and you have to be able to accommodate to different situations and the interview has to be done in cooperation with the residents. This cooperation of how to understand each other and how to communicate with each other can be easier by knowing the basic communication rules of the enumerator's work. In the Instructions, these rules are being presented together with useful suggestions for your work. Soon when you enter a dwelling as an enumerator, your behavior has to reflect that:

- You are a professionally skilled, reliable and conscientious person,
- Who it is good to cooperate with and
- Your work can support the respondent to fulfill his/her legal obligation.

2. General information about the data collection

2.1. Implementation and relations of the actors involved
The professional management of the census is the responsibility of the Hungarian Central Statistical Office (HCSO), while the execution is the task of the local administrative instructor who is either the notary of the settlement or the district (in case of the capital) or the notary of joint settlements.

The HCSO ensures the professional management and the realization of the principles of the enumeration countrywide through the territorial instructors' network. The HCSO is represented by the territorial instructor in the settlements. The territorial instructors are in direct work connection with the local administrative instructors, while they indirectly manage and control the enumerators' work through the supervisors' network in the settlement.

The supervisor is the direct manager and controller of the enumerators during the execution of the data collection. His/her task is to assess the quality of the completed questionnaires, receiving the questionnaires and registering the information needed in the electronic monitoring system.

The local administrative instructor ensures the sufficient quantity of enumerators in the settlement, ensures the technical conditions of the execution, controls the advancement of the enumeration, deals with the problems of the respondents and organizes the supplementary data collection.

The real executors of the enumeration are the enumerators entrusted by the local administrative instructor of the settlement. The enumerators do their work based on the written mandate.

Trainers delegated by the HCSO instruct the census tasks of the enumerators in local trainings, present the printed materials and the rules of fulfilling these paper materials. (The supervisors also participate in the training.) The enumerators are obliged to participate on the training. The trainers confirm the participation in the training, evaluate the competency and the fulfillment the quality criteria.

2.2. The reference date of the 2011 census
The reference date of the census declared in the Census Act is zero o'clock 1st October 2011. Therefore data have to be collected according to the situation at midnight between 30th September 2011 and 1st October 2011, ignoring all later changes that occur until completing the questionnaire.
The data collection in the field starts right after the reference date. The enumeration is being conducted between 1st October and 31st October 2011. Persons not covered during this time must fulfill their census obligation in the supplementary enumeration between 1st November and 8th November.

2.3. The method of the data collection
The three possible methods for the respondents to fulfill their census obligation:

- The first time in the history of censuses respondents can fulfill their data supply obligation on the internet. To do this they have to enter the census website where the on-line questionnaire package can be accessed by entering the identifier and the unique identification code. This identifier and unique identification code can be found on the first page of the Dwelling Questionnaire (in the fields of 'Identifier' and 'Identification code') that been sent to the addresses in the Respondent's package. In the case of on-line response, every person living in the dwelling will have to provide their data on the same questionnaire. Answering the questions on the internet is possible between 1st and 16th October 2011.
- Respondents can answer the questions by fulfilling the questionnaires on their own. In this case completed questionnaires have to be put in the previously delivered envelope and given to the enumerator when he/she visits the address again. As the Respondent's package contains only one personal questionnaire, the enumerator should provide enough questionnaires to the respondents. Self-administered completion of the questionnaires is possible between 1st and 16th October 2011.
- Respondents can answer the questions to the enumerator personally, who visits them between 1st October and 31st October 2011 for enumeration. The previously delivered questionnaires should be used.

2.4. Dwellings and persons to be enumerated (Scope of the census)
During the census all housing units and persons in the enumeration district (as the addresses are listed on the "Address list and summary paper" called "address list" later on) have to be enumerated according to the following.

2.4.1. Dwellings and housing units to be enumerated
The following units have to be enumerated in the enumeration district

- Occupied dwellings including newly built ones which do not have an occupation license yet but are inhabited and also those that are occupied by foreigners who do not belong to the scope of the enumeration;
- Unoccupied (vacant) dwellings, such as dwellings which have occupation license, but are not yet occupied and rural dwellings used seasonally or as secondary home;
- Dwellings used for purposes other than living (for office or doctor's office etc.), if they can be used for living without major reconstruction;
- Occupied holiday homes (they are considered as occupied if at least one person lived his/her everyday life there at the reference date of the enumeration);
- Occupied other housing units, such as business, temporary, mobile or other facilities (e.g. storage rooms, workshops, wash-houses, garages, storehouses, wine press-houses, huts, hovels, caravans) inhabited habitually by at least one person;
- All institutions, such as collective living quarters suitable for at least five persons to spend their nights (e.g. nurseries or children homes, colleges, educational homes, worker's hostels and resident places for employees, hospitals, hotels, pensions, holiday homes of companies, social institutions, alms houses) irrespectively whether they are occupied at the reference date of the enumeration;

The following units must not be enumerated

- Nonresidential buildings, e.g. church, city hall, school (in case there is a dwelling in the building that has to be enumerated);
- Non occupied dwellings which are under construction or technically ready but do not have an occupation license yet;
- Non occupied dwellings which are being demolished or waiting for demolishing by permission;
- Non occupied dwellings which are not suitable for living for reasons such as being obsolete, having elemental damage, being unusable or ruined (not having a roof or window, outer walls are crumbled);
- Holiday homes and holiday units of common holiday buildings which are used only for recreation and rest;
- Premises originally built for dwelling but used for other purpose at the reference date which could not be used for dwelling directly without reconstruction, irrespectively whether they are classified according to their new function or not;
- Premises not occupied at the reference date and not fitting the dwelling definition, e.g. shops, workshops, ware rooms, washing rooms previously used for living.

2.4.2. Persons to be enumerated
The following persons have to be enumerated

- All Hungarian citizens and foreign citizens staying in Hungary for more than three months (excluding members of foreign diplomatic corps and their family members) living habitually in the housing unit, occupied holiday house, occupied other housing unit, institution irrespectively that this housing unit is his/her
* Residence (registered permanent address),
* Place of stay (registered temporary address) or
* Unregistered address, even if at the reference date he/she is temporarily away (e.g. for the purpose of medication, holiday, visiting relatives);

- Persons of whom this dwelling, occupied holiday home, occupied other housing unit is the permanent home, but who are staying temporary abroad and the expected length of this stay is less than 12 months;

- Those persons of whom the permanent home is at this address is, but who are residing in another place for study, work etc. (e.g. in college, hostel for workers) and return to this address only weekly, in every two weeks or monthly;

- Those persons who died or moved out between 0 o'clock on October 1st, 2011 and the enumeration date.
The following persons must not be enumerated

- Persons who are staying in the dwelling, holiday home, occupied other housing unit for tourism, excursion, family visit, medication etc. but live in another place habitually;
- Persons who were born or moved to this dwelling after 1st October 2011 or later;
-Persons of whom the permanent home is at this address but who are staying permanently abroad and the entire length of their stay abroad is already reached 12 months or expected to be at least 12 months;
- Persons who are only registered in the dwelling but do not live there in reality, do not use the dwelling at all (e.g. the whole dwelling is rented);
- Members of foreign diplomatic corps and their family members


2.5. Data protection
Data protection is a key issue during all phases of the preparation and the execution of the census. The enumerator is obliged to store the completed questionnaires safely. He/she cannot show them to any person except his/her supervisor, the data he/she obtained should not be disclosed to any other person including family members, colleagues in the workplace or other enumerators.

The enumerator is obliged by his/her signed contract to handle all answers and other information received during the enumeration confidentially, not to misuse them, to hinder unauthorized persons to see the questionnaires, not to make any note, extract or copy about the questionnaire or any part of it and to not make any summary about them except the compulsory ones.

The enumerator has to prove his/her identity during the field work. It can be done by a card with his/her name which is attached to the enumeration materials. This card is valid together with a personal identification document (such as identity card, passport or driving license, called identity card later on).

The enumerator must not participate in any other data collection -- except those executed by HCSO -- during the census data collection period and must not perform any personal business work. The known data must not be used for his/her own purpose or for any business purpose.

The enumerator has to keep the following rules strictly during the enumeration:

- The enumerator cannot enter the dwelling or any territory of the dwelling without the permission of the inhabitants or the entitled persons,
- The enumerator must not write any names on the address list or on the personal and dwelling questionnaire, and should not link names to the address in any other way,
- The enumerator must not record any other information than identified on the questionnaire,
- The enumerator must not make picture, sketch or any other note about the dwelling, its premises and arrangement,
- The enumerator must not ask for any documents, in case it is shown by the respondent he/she must not make copy, extract or notes about these documents,
- The enumerator must not fill non-answered questions or modify answers based on his/her knowledge, impression, and opinion.

[2.6. Timetable of the enumerator's tasks is omitted here]

The enumerator has to do the tasks according to the following schedule:

III. Rules of completing the questionnaires

This chapter provides help in understanding the questions and the possible answers of the Dwelling and the Personal Questionnaire.

1. Completing the dwelling questionnaire
Without other note, the expression of dwelling includes the occupied holiday homes and occupied other housing units as well.

Dwelling questionnaire -- Address of the dwelling
This part of the Dwelling Questionnaire is pre-printed in those questionnaires available in the Respondent's packages.

In case the pre-printed address differs from the real situation, answer "no" has to be marked to the question "Is the pre-printed address correct?" and the address has to be corrected exactly the same way as it is done in the address list.

In case of newly registered addresses the enumerator has to give an identifier and an address on an empty questionnaire as the following:

Identifier: the first five boxes are the territorial identifier of the settlement, the second four boxes are the number of the enumeration district. In the last three boxes the serial number has to be entered which identifies the address on the address list.
Identification code: at these addresses the respondents does not have possibility to complete the questionnaires on-line, so these boxes have to be left empty.
Is the pre-printed address correct?: answer "no" has to be marked.

Elements of the address have to be copied in the same way as they are presented on the address list. Dwelling questionnaires prepared this way must be handled the same way as the others containing pre-printed address (in case they will be delivered, one Personal Questionnaire and an Instruction has to be enclosed in the envelope to be delivered to the address).

[Omitted technical details of enumeration procedure]

Dwelling questionnaire

I. Dwelling data

1. What is the type of building?

Residential building: a building which contains mostly dwellings. Residential buildings are broken down in two groups by the number of dwellings: family house, 1-3 unit dwelling residential building and residential building of 4 or more flats.

Holiday resort: a building with one or more units used temporary for recreation, holiday and rest.

Not residential building: any kind of building where the majority of rooms are nonresidential or rooms used for other than habitation purposes, there is at least one dwelling or occupied other housing unit. This building might be a school, office-house, shopping-house, industrial plant. This category contains also other buildings, such as economic (e.g. storage rooms, workshops, shops, garages, wine press-houses, stables), temporary, mobile or other facilities (e.g. huts, hovels, caravans, caves, railway carriages, ships).

The answer "Not residential building" should be marked also in the case of dwellings found in institutional buildings, such as buildings of dormitories, workers' accommodation houses, social homes, children's homes, daily nurseries, hotels, pensions, hospitals.

2. What is the type of the housing unit?

Apartment or family house can be marked only if the dwelling is intended for human accommodation, built for or converted into dwelling and also suitable for living at present. A group of technically (architecturally) adjoining places that is suitable for accommodation for the whole year. It has which has a separate entrance from a public place, courtyard or from a collectively used place inside the building (staircase, corridor etc.).

If a summer kitchen is not used by the household living in the main building but is lent to another household e.g. a subtenant than it is considered as a separate housing unit. In this case the type of the housing unit is other. If the address of the summer kitchen is missing from the Address list it must be entered in a new row.

Holiday home and other can be marked only if it is inhabited least one person lives there at the reference date (in this case only it is included in the group of housing units to be enumerated).

Indicate Other in case of

- Occupied parts of business premises (warehouse, wine press-house, stable, workshop, wash-house, shop, garage etc.),
- Occupied parts of temporary, mobile or other facilities (hut, caravan, ship cave etc.)

3. When was the dwelling built?
That period must be marked when the official permit for occupation had been issued. In case the dwelling does not have a permit yet but is already occupied then the year of move must be considered as the year of construction.

In case the main structural parts of the building consisting the dwelling had been significantly transformed since their original built (e.g. joist between floors had been wrecked then rebuilt) the year of rebuilding must be marked as the year of construction irrespectively of the time when the permit had been issued.

Refurbishing dwellings with the main walls unaltered or creating a new dwelling out of more dwellings do not change the year of construction.

4. What were the walls of the dwelling made of?

Brick, stone, manual walling element must be marked also in the case of large, lightweight concrete materials that can be moved manually.

Middle or large block, cast concrete is the material of the walls if:
The outer walls are made of prefab, half-story sized middle blocks or story sized large blocks that cannot be moved manually and are made of light concrete, concrete, reinforced concrete, ceramics etc. It is concrete, light concrete, or reinforced concrete that is poured into formwork on the site.

Panel is the right answer in case the dwelling is built by manufactured panels made of reinforced concrete, moved to their place by machines.

Wood can be marked only if the heat insulation of the dwelling makes permanent accommodation possible.

Buildings of lightweight construction -- mainly family houses -- are mostly built of wood however in case the material is not wood than the answer appropriate with the material must be marked.

Adobe, mud walls must be categorized based on whether they had been built with or without solid basement.

The walls of the housing unit must be considered other when they are made of e.g. tin, corrugated cardboard, canvas. Other must be marked also in the case of caves or when the wood walls do not have heat insulation.

5. How is the dwelling used?
The dwelling is used habitually, for everyday life as a home when its inhabitants are living there permanently in the whole year or in most of the year.

The dwelling is used only seasonally or as a second home when its inhabitants are living there only temporarily, in a certain period or occasionally. They can be:

- Seasonal dwellings (for example farm-houses) that are occupied only temporarily e.g. in the time of agricultural works,
- Dwellings in suburban or rural areas that are only used for recreational purposes mostly in nice weather. (Not occupied holiday houses must not be enumerated).

The dwelling is used for other purpose when it is considered a dwelling however in the time of the enumeration it was used as e.g. an office, a doctor's office, a workshop, though at any time it could have been suitable -- without any alteration -- for use as dwelling.

Vacant dwelling must be marked in case the dwelling has no inhabitants and is not used for other purpose either. This answer can be marked also when the persons who have their permanent home in the dwelling are staying abroad for more than 12 months and the dwelling has no other inhabitants and is not used for other purpose either. This is the right answer also in the case of dwellings that are not yet occupied but have an official permit for occupation.

In case you find a dwelling occupied by foreign diplomats or their relatives, please leave the Dwelling Questionnaire empty (if did not get a pre-printed one) and do not complete any Personal Questionnaires.

6. Who is owner of the dwelling?
The answer must be related to the whole dwelling, irrespectively that the dwelling has one or more owners, the owner lives in the dwelling or not, and the title of use (see Personal Questionnaire question 4.2.).

If instead of a person, the owner of the dwelling is an institution, organization or company as well, the answer should be marked according to the majority shareholding. In case of equal owning the natural person is the right answer.

7. Is there a room, a kitchen etc. in the dwelling?
Rooms and kitchens must be enumerated with their size also taken into account. Premises of common airspace with more functions (e.g. living room and cooking room together) must be divided by function. Attics (mansards) must be enumerated only if the headroom is 1.9 m2 or higher. Gallery is not considered an individual room.

In questions 7.1.- 7.7 do not forget to mark "no" in case the given premise is not available in the dwelling.

7.1., 7.2. Rooms are premises provided with direct natural light used as living rooms, bedrooms, dining rooms etc. They must be taken into account by their size.

7.3., 7.4. Kitchens are premises established and used for cooking (or eating). Kitchenettes and kitchen cabinets are included. In case the dwelling does not have a kitchen but has a summer kitchen that is used for cooking by the household living in the main building then it must be counted according to the size.

Premises of common airspace with more functions had been enumerated based on the purpose of use, and classified in the appropriate category of premises.

7.5. Bathroom (shower-stall, wash-basin alcove) is a premise used for washing in the dwelling. Bathrooms generally are equipped with water supply system, sewage disposal system and bathing (washing) facilities.

7.6. The total number of flush toilets must be marked irrespective of whether they are in a separate room or e.g. in the bathroom. Flush toilets belonging to the dwelling and used exclusively by the occupants must not be counted if they are not in the dwelling.

7.7. Other room e.g. lobby, corridor, pantry. In case you answered other to question 2 and the housing unit contains more premises, then each premise must be counted according to its function. However if it consists of one function, only then the premise must be counted as a room of the given size.

8. How much is the total floor-space of the dwelling?
The sum of the floor spaces of all the premises belonging to the dwelling, expressed in meters squared (m2).
The floor space of entrance-halls (wind-gags, wraps), built-in cupboards, changing rooms (wardrobes), store-rooms, furniture of kitchens and bathrooms must all be calculated in the useful floor space of the dwelling.

If the summer kitchen is taken into account as a kitchen then its floor space must be calculated in the total useful floor space of the dwelling.

In case of loggias, roofed (closed) terraces and roofed (closed) balconies, half of the floor space must be included, while the floor space of attics (mansards) must be only included where the headroom is 1,9 m2 or higher.

Balconies, basements, attics, and storage rooms, garages outside the dwelling are considered as parts of the dwelling thus their floor-space must not be calculated in the total useful floor-space. Inside galleries do not extend the total floor space of the dwelling either.

Premises, e.g. summer kitchens that are built to be part of the dwelling and are used by the household living in the main building must be considered a part of the dwelling.

The premises of shops, workshops, restaurants etc. that are built or converted for the purpose of inhabitation even if they are accessible through a door of the dwelling or on an inside staircase must not be considered a part of the dwelling.

In case the exact size of the floor-space is not known it must be estimated.

9. Is electricity installed in the dwelling?
Answer "no" has to be marked if electricity is not installed in the dwelling. In case the electricity is not used because the service provider switched it off for certain reason (e.g. because of non-payment of the fee) the dwelling is still considered as supplied with electricity.

10. Type of water supply in the dwelling

10.1. From pipeline or from private pipeline (e.g. from well by pump) must be marked in case water supply is obtained through a tap installed inside the dwelling thus the dwelling is connected to a community water conduit or a well.

10.2. Any form of hot water supply can be marked only if dwelling is supplied with water thus from pipeline or from private pipeline (e.g. from well by pump) is marked at question 10.1. If the dwelling is supplied with hot water from more sources (e.g. from hot water pipeline and also from individual hot water reservoir) then the answer must reflect the hot water used for wash-up, bathing.

11. Sewage disposal from dwelling
Into public sewer is the right answer when the dwelling is connected to the sewage system of public utility.

Into private sewer (closed reservoir, cesspit) must be marked if wastewater is led through an underground drainpipe to a closed sewage storage tank or to a desiccator (drain tank) on the ground plot of the building.

12. Heating
Separately for each place with convector, stove is the answer when the heating of the premises of the dwelling is provided individually.

One or more dwellings heated by boiler (central, circle) is the right answer if:

-The premises of the dwelling or a one-dwelling building is heated by one heating place or
-The dwellings in a building are heated by a boiler located in the building or in close connection with the building.
District (block) heating must be marked if more buildings receive heating from thermal power station, heating works or natural thermal spring. In case you marked this answer continue with question 14.

In case the dwelling is heated more ways, then the heating of the rooms must be considered. If the exact answer cannot be defined even in this way then the most characteristic heating must be marked.

If there is no heating in the dwelling you must continue with question 14.

13. Energy used for heating
Alternative energy must be marked if the energy used for heating is provided by organic source e.g. solar energy, geothermal energy.

If the primary type of heating is missing from the pre-printed answers, then it must be entered as other.

Two answers can be marked to this question!

14. How many households are in the dwelling?
Persons living in the dwelling must be categorized by households. Those persons and their dependents belong to a common household who bear the cost of meals and daily expenses together. In case no-one is living in the dwelling or the occupants constitute one household, then the appropriate answer must be marked. If two or more households live in the dwelling then the number of the households must be entered.

Persons living alone and persons renting a part of dwelling -- if they have families then together with family members -- always constitute a separate household.

II. Number of people living in the dwelling

15.1. Number of people usually living at this address
The number of persons must be entered here who live their everyday life in this dwelling -- either registered or without registration -, usually spend their night rest for most of the week here and go to school or to work from here. Those must also be counted who were away temporarily at the reference date, on the 1st of October, e.g. for the purpose of medical treatment, holiday or visit to relatives. Personal Questionnaires must be completed about all of them.

15.2. Number of persons living abroad temporarily
The number of persons must be entered here who have their permanent home at this address but stay temporarily abroad at the moment and the total length of their stay is less than 12 months. Personal Questionnaires must be completed about them.

15.3. Number of people returning periodically home
The number of persons must be entered here who have their permanent home at this address but because of studying, working, etc. they live in a student hostel, workers' home, lodgings and return home only weekly, every two weeks, monthly. Personal Questionnaires must be completed about them.

16. Number of people staying abroad for long
The number of persons must be entered here who have their permanent home at this address but for any reason they live abroad and the total length of their stay is or expected to be 12 months or more. Personal Questionnaires must not be completed about them.

2. Completing the personal questionnaire

The identifier on the Dwelling Questionnaire has to be copied to all Personal Questionnaires of the inhabitants living in the dwelling.

Number of the person in the dwelling
The Personal Questionnaire in a dwelling has to give continuous serial number starting with 1.

Personal Questionnaire

I. Demography

3. Citizenship
Citizenship that is not Hungarian should be specified in the white box.
Persons with dual citizenship Hungarian and other should specify the other citizenship by writing it in the white box. Persons without Hungarian citizenship should fill the box next to not Hungarian, and write the citizenship in the white box. Two citizenships can be marked at this option. Displaced is the person who is not citizen of any country.

4. Data on the address provided on the dwelling questionnaire
4.2. Under what title do you live there?
The owner or beneficial owner (full or partial) is to be selected if the owner of the dwelling is a member of the household.
This category also includes the households where the owner or beneficiary owner of the dwelling is not a member but at least one person of the household is a close relative (e.g. spouse, consensual partner, parent, brother or sister, grandchild) and no rent is paid.

There can be more than one owner or beneficial owner in a dwelling. This answer can be marked only in dwellings owned by private persons.

The household has tenant status if one of its members pays rent for the whole dwelling irrespectively whether he/she lives there alone or with others. This category includes "partner tenants" (only in case of dwellings owned by the municipality) and the tenant partners when more persons (e.g. students) rent a dwelling together. Also included are the households living in service dwellings when the use of the dwelling relates to a work or official relation of a member of the household, irrespectively whether they pay rent or not.

One subgroup of the tenant category is the household renting a part of a dwelling when the household lives together with the owner in the dwelling and at least one premise (e.g. a room) is rented.

The household lives in the dwelling by other tenure title if it cannot be classified in the previous categories (e.g. living there in favor, without any title, for sustenance).

4.3. How long have you lived there?
If the person lives on the address on the Dwelling Questionnaire since birth, the filling should be continued at question 7. In case the respondent does not remember exactly the time of moving to the dwelling, please estimate at least the year of moving.

5. Where were you living before?
Write the name of the locality or the district of Budapest from which the person moved to this dwelling. In case he/she lived abroad previously, write the name of the country.

Write the name of the locality, and the district of Budapest, in case of Budapest, even if the last move was within the locality or in the district.

Any change in the name of the street, number of house or other administrative changes (unifying localities, dividing locality etc.) should not be taken as change of the address.

6. Where was your address when born?
The address at birth can differ from the address of the place of registration (for most persons it differs). In case the person does not know the address at birth, then write the locality or district of Budapest of the registration.

The person was born abroad in case the address at birth is over the current borders of Hungary. In such cases, write the name of the country (without the name of the locality).

7. Do you have an address in addition to the address provided on the dwelling questionnaire?
If the person does not have another address in addition to the one on the dwelling questionnaire, the answer no has to be marked, and continue to question 9.1.

If the person has another address also, write the name of the locality or the district in Budapest even if both addresses are in the same locality or in the same district of Budapest. In case of address in abroad, write the name of the country.

In this question, do not write the address which was already written in question 4.1.
Maximum three answers can be written.

8. At what address of yours are you living?
That address must be marked at which the person lives his/her everyday life, habitually stays, can be found, from where he/she goes to school, work, where spends the night rests most of the times. This address can be the registered permanent residence or registered temporary place of stay, unregistered address or an address abroad.

Only one answer can be given!

9.1. Have you ever been living abroad (outside the present area of Hungary) for at least one year?
Those who did not live abroad have to mark the no answer and continue at question 10. In case that the respondent lived abroad more times continuously for minimum one year, report information regarding the last stay abroad.

9.2. When did you return or actually move to Hungary?
In case the respondent does not remember exactly the date of moving to Hungary, please try to write at least the year.

10. What is your legal marital status?
The legal marital status must be taken into account. Also the legal marital status has to be marked in case of cohabiting partnership.

Never married is a person who has not yet married and not registered as cohabiting partner.

Married is a person whose legal marriage is not dissolved by a legal judgement, independently of the fact whether he/she lives together with his/her spouse or not.

Widowed is a person whose legal spouse deceased and who has not remarried or been registered as a cohabiting partner.

Divorced is a person whose marriage is dissolved by a legal judgement and who has not remarried or been registered as a cohabiting partner.

Registered cohabiting partner is a person who is registered with his/her same-sex partner by official authorities. According to the current legal status, registered cohabiting partnership can be registered since 1st July 2009. Registered at the notary public is not registered cohabiting partnership, as this does not change the person's legal marital status.

In case the respondent is not married, continue the questionnaire at question 12.

11.2. Do you live with your spouse?
Answer yes must be marked even if the person is not living in the same dwelling with his/her spouse but the marital community is maintained. Answer no must be marked if the marital community is broken irrespective of living in the same dwelling or not.

For person who is married and lives with his/her spouse together, continue the questionnaire at question 13.

12. Do you have a cohabiting partner?
The question refers to both registered or recorded or unregistered or unrecorded cohabiting partnership.

A person living in cohabiting partnership lives together with a partner without marriage permanently in a relationship similar to marriage, irrespectively of his/her sex, marital status and the fact whether he/she lives with the partner in the same household at the reference date of the census.

In case of no answer, continue at question 13.

12.1. Beginning of the cohabiting partnership
In case of registered cohabiting partners the beginning of the cohabiting partnership is not the date of the registration, but the real beginning of the partnership. The same has to be used in case at other cohabiting partners.

13. Number of the household which you belong to
In the case of persons living in the dwelling comprising one household, then the answer one household lives in the dwelling has to be marked. In the case of more households, the households have to be numbered by serial numbers starting with number 1. The first household gets number 1, the second number 2 etc. Persons belonging to the same household must get the same household number!

14. What role do you have in the family (household)?
In the case of a person could mark more than one answer, mark the one answer which is first in the list. Only one answer per person can be marked.

Husband, wife: a man and a woman living together in legal marriage.

Consensual partner: two persons living together in a marriage-like relationship irrespective of their marital status and sex. The number of consensual unions contains registered and legally recorded partners and those who live together without registration or legal record.

Lone parent living together with his/her children, father or mother: the person who lives with his/her child(ren) without husband/wife or consensual partner.

Child: child of a person with the family status of husband, wife, consensual partner or father, mother, if he/she does not comprise an independent family, irrespective of his/her age, marital status and the fact whether he/she has own source of livelihood. Adopted and fostered children as well as children born out of wedlock are also classified as children.

Ascendant: father or mother, grandparent, great-grandparent, father-in-law, mother-in-law of husband, wife, cohabiting partner and lone parent with child(ren).

Other relative: the relative (i.e. brother or sister of one of the spouses, uncle, aunt, cousin, one grandparent with his/her grandchild ) living in the household who does not form an independent family and does not correspond to the characteristics of the previous categories.

Non-relative: a person living with the family but with no actual family ties (e.g. domestic employee, friend). Children placed temporarily or permanently at other families and children in state-care are also included in this group.

Living alone: a person who lives alone in an independent household.

[Subsections on examples how to define the role in the family (household) for the persons living in the dwelling below is not presented here]

15. Number of children born alive:
Both man and woman have to answer to this question irrespectively of their age.
Please take into account also those live-born children who live elsewhere, in another family or under state care, moved away or died. Adopted or fostered children must not be taken into account.
In case the person does not have live-born children, questionnaire has to be followed with question 17.1.

16. When were your children born?
The year and month of the birth of children marked at question 15 has to be written at this question. In case of more than 6 children, the data of the first 5 oldest one and the youngest has to be written!

II. Educational attainment

Studies and qualifications obtained in formal education have to be taken into account in questions 17.1.--20

Persons in formal education are in legal status with the school as pupils or students. Questions regarding school attendance must be answered only in case the respondent is in legal status with the school as pupil or student (question 17.1 must be answered also in case of attending infant nursery or kindergarten), completed educational attainment must be taken into account only if it had been obtained in formal education. Persons attending schools outside formal education (e.g. trainings) are not in legal status with the school, so these studies and certificates must not be counted.

17.1. Are you currently studying or attending school, including infant nursery/kindergarten?
The question has to be answered irrespectively of the person's age. In case the person goes to nursery or kindergarten please follow at question 21. In case a person attends more than one school the same time, the highest level has to be taken into account (the later one in the list). In case of answer no, please continue at question 18.

17.2. What is the form of education?
Other forms of education are night school, correspondence course, distance learning, private learning. If the respondent attends full-time and other type of education the same time, the full-time has to be marked.

18.Write in the number of classes or grades that you completed in the following types of schools or training.
For those who did not complete even the first grade of primary (general) school after the appropriate answer marked the remaining part of the question must be left empty and completion must be continued with question 21.

Person who are currently attending school, or successfully completed at least one class or grade in any types of school listed, the number of classes or grades completed must be marked in the box(es) in the appropriate line(s).

The number of classes or grades must be entered to every type of school in which the respondent successfully completed at least one class or grade.

In case a person completed more from the same type of school (e.g. two different universities) then the number of the completed classes or grades must not be aggregated. In this case, the number of grades completed must be marked regarding the school with more grades completed.

In higher level school with credit system grades are connected to credit points. For this reason writing grades is possible based on the real credit points. In the case this cannot be stated, the grade must be written which are the years passed by the person in the institution, but this cannot be more than the possible length of the school.

If somebody goes to odd years school (e.g. 7 half years), then the last half year have to be taken as a complete one.

It is very important to write the education completed in the schools into the right rows. There is a separate material for this question namely Assistance for Personal Questionnaire question 18.

The definitions and features of the school types and educations:

Higher general school (civil school): type of school existing till 1948. It lasted generally for 4 years, sometimes for 6 years. After finishing basic elementary school (4th year), people could go on to this education.

Apprentice-school: type of school existing till 1949. It is the first type of industry education. It lasted for 3 years.

Apprentice student school: in 1949 the apprentice-schools were reorganized into this education. Its aim was to ensure skilled workman. This lasted also for three years. It was possible to go here after finishing the primary school (8 grades).

Apprentice school: secondary level educational institution which provides certificate of profession but does not give final examination. It lasted 1 to 3 years. This type of education existed till 2000, after which its task was taken by the vocational schools.

Secondary general school: secondary level educational institution of 4, 5, 6 or 8 grades which does not provide any vocational study, but it prepares for the final examination and for the tertiary education.

Secondary vocational school: secondary level school preparing for the final examination, tertiary education and for final vocational exam. Data of this category also contains data of persons attending vocational programs built on secondary level final examination.

Technical school: in 1950 the industrial, agricultural and economic high schools reorganized into technical schools. It lasted 4 years; students got theoretic and practical knowledge. They took a final exam after 4 years and they could go to higher education. In 1961 this school reorganized partly to secondary vocational school and partly to higher level technical school. In 1966 the remaining technical schools were reorganized into secondary vocational school.

Vocational programs built on general certificate of education: It opperated between 1985 and 2002 for persons after finishing the secondary vocational school or in the apprentice school after getting general certificate. In the current educational system, it is possible after getting general certificate in high school or in secondary vocational school, and the program is in the Country Vocational Register (OKJ).

Higher vocational programs: a training form which is based on the secondary level final examination and aims to give tertiary vocational exam. This is listed in the Country Vocational Register.

BA/BSc training: tertiary level basic training, the first tertiary education level of the multi-cycle training system, which enables to start the master training and besides it gives professional knowledge which can be used in the labor market so gives a possibility to work after this exam.

MA/MSc training: tertiary master training the second tertiary education level of the multi-cycle training system, where a student can be specialized to a professional field and can deepen his/her knowledge achieved in the basic level.

Unified training: a unified training form the combines basic and master cycles, which ends with master level examination.

Professional further training: a training based on the college or university degree and defined profession which does not give a new qualification but gives an exam about the special professional training.

PhD or DLA training: a training, researching and reporting activity based on specialties of a science field and acted to the PhD student's need in individual or group teaching.

19. What is your highest completed level of education?
The order of the pre-printed answers defines the possible educational levels: the first is the lowest and the last is the highest educational level. The only one answer has to be marked which relates to the person.

The highest educational attainment relates to the schools completed only in the educational system.

Qualifications obtained in courses and vocational training or apprentice school certificates obtained during part-time education must not be taken into account. These qualifications are not part of the educational system.

If the person got a university or colleague degree but did not get final exam, it is not meant to be education completed, so this should not be taken into account when defining the highest educational level.

Qualifications attained abroad have to be classified according to the Hungarian school system levels.

Not even the first grade of general (primary) school completed is the education of those having completed 1--7th years of general (primary) school, 1--3rd years in civil school, 1st year in 6 grades secondary school and 1-3rd years in 8 grades secondary school. Moreover include those who not even attend one grade of any school.

General (primary) school is the education of those having completed the 8th grade of general (primary) school, 4-6th years of the civil school and do not have higher education or attended some years in secondary level of education but did not get either vocational exam or final examination.

Secondary level without final examination, with final vocational exam is the education of those having attained certificate of profession in vocational training school or certificate of profession in apprentice school. Defining the highest educational attainment from the earlier vocational training schools only those are included in this category which had been completed in 1961 or later, and from the sanitary apprentice schools or typing schools only those which had been completed in 1976 or later all attended in full-time.

Secondary level with final examination is the education of those having secondary level with final examinations either general or with vocational and of those who completed some grades in university or college etc. but did not get any diploma, certification. Secondary level with final examination educational attainment comprises of the following groups:

General certificate of education is the highest educational attainment of those who got general certificate of education in secondary general school or secondary vocational school and do not have a vocational exam based on the general certification or higher education. This group includes also those persons who got final secondary examination between 1974 and 1986.

General certificate of education with qualifications is the highest educational attainment of those who got their general certificate with qualifications in secondary vocational school, technical school, upper-commercial school, secondary level teacher and kindergarten teacher institution and do not have higher education completed. This group includes also those persons who completed a vocational final exam between 1949 and 1955.

Certificate of vocational programs is the highest educational attainment of those who got general certificate in secondary vocational school between 1985 and 2002 and after the general certificate they got technical certificate in 1-3 grades and those who got secondary or higher level vocational certification listed in the National Vocational Register (OKJ) in secondary vocational school after doing general certificate and do not have higher education completed. This group includes also those persons who got general certificate of education in secondary vocational school for apprentice school for skilled workman.

Certificate of higher vocational programs is the highest educational attainment of those who got higher vocational certification in secondary vocational school or tertiary educational institution after 1998 and do not have college or university diploma.

University, college, etc. with degree is the education of those having a college (or equivalent, e.g. BA/BSc) degree or a university (or equivalent, e.g. MA/Msc) degree, or completed supplementary university courses (PhD or DLA).

College diploma (or equivalent, e.g. BA/BSc) is the highest educational attainment of those who got diploma in college, tertiary level technical school, tertiary level vocational school, tertiary level kindergarten teacher or teacher institution etc. This group includes also those persons who got BA, BSc degree in tertiary educational system in basic training.

University diploma (or equivalent, e.g. MA, MSc) is the highest educational attainment of those who got certificate or diploma in university, equivalent level tertiary level institution in basic or supplementary training and in professional further training. This group includes also those persons who got master degree (MA MSc) in the current tertiary educational system in master training or unified training.

PhD or DLA degree is the highest educational attainment of those who got doctoral scientific degree achieved in doctoral regulations. Defining the highest educational attainment only those scientific doctoral degrees are included in this category which had been attained in 1991 or after. Those who got doctoral name together with the university diploma (lawyer, doctor, dentist, chemist, or veterinarian) do not belong to this group.

20.1.--20.7. Question: further details about the highest completed level of education
Information must be given referring to the highest educational qualification indicated under question 19.

If the person's highest educational level is general certificate of education without qualifications, then he/she does not have to answer to questions 20.3.--20.7.

If the person has more education of the same level, then answer questions 20.1.-20.3. in regards to the first one completed. At question 20.4.-20.6., write the answers regarding the education which is the closest to his/her occupation or work. In case this answer was written in questions 20.1.--20.3., then at questions 20.4.--20.6 indicate the year of completing, form of education and field of the qualification that seemed to be the most important.

In case the person does not have any same level of education, then after answering to questions 20.1.--20.3., the questionnaire has to be continued with question 21.

III. Command of language

21. What languages do you speak? In what languages can you understand others and make yourself be understood?
The enumerator has to ask from every person in which language he or she can communicate with others and can understand others. For a child who cannot speak yet, mark the language or languages spoken by the relatives to him or her.

Artificial language (e.g. Hungarian sign language, esperanto) and dead languages (e.g. Latin, old Greek) can be written to this question.

In addition to Hungarian, 3 languages can be indicated at most. In case the person speaks more languages then the three has to be written which the respondent finds to be the most important ones.

IV. Occupation, workplace and transport

22. Mark which of the following groups you belong to.
More than one answer can be marked for this question (e.g. in case of working beside studying or pension, child-care allowance etc. working and studying, pension, child-care allowance also has to be marked.) In case the respondent cannot be classified into any category, write in the respondent's answer about himself/herself in the white box next to other.

23. Did you work on the week preceding the population census (between 24th and 30th September 2011)?
For children not yet 15 years of age -- born after 30th September 1996 -- continue the questionnaire to question 31 (after answering to question 22)!

Indicate yes if the respondent worked a minimum of one hour in this period for income, irrespectively of the legal circumstances of the work (employee, casual worker, with working with or without contract, working beside pension or child-care allowance etc.) and whether he/she got the earnings for it.

Work for income is all kind of activity for which income, wage, payment or natural allowance (tommy) is given. The work done by helping family member also meant to be work.

Voluntary or free work for other household or institution (charitable work) should not be taken into account, also the work like building, renovating, repairing the own house and work done in the own household, including work in the garden (except if the work in the garden is done for selling and getting income purpose).

In the case where the respondent did not work but has work, but he or she was away temporarily for holiday, sick-holiday etc., mark the answer you did not work because you were on leave. Also mark this answer for those who are away because of maternity leave.

Those who get child-care benefit for caring the child and are on holiday without salary and do not work at present, mark the answer you did not work for other reason.
If the respondent worked between 24-30 September or was away from work or the workplace temporary, the questionnaire has to be followed with question 27.

24. Have you actively looked for work during the last four weeks?
This question has to be answered only by those who did not work between 24 and 30 September 2011 and did not have workplace or work of which they would have been away temporary. If somebody was looking for a new job beside the current one, this should not be taken into account here.

Forms of looking actively for jobs: contacting public or private employment office to find a job, applying to employer directly, inserting, answering or studying advertisement, asking friends or relatives, making arrangements necessary for launching own business (self-employment). In case the respondent did not take such steps in order to find a job, mark no.

25. If you could find a job, could you start it within two weeks?
If the respondent is looking for a job, he or she should try to weight of whether he could be able to prepare for starting the regular work in two weeks' time in case getting a job offer now regarding his/her family circumstances, health status etc.

26. When did you work last time?
Write the year and month when the respondent last had regular work. In case he/she does not remember exactly, please estimate at least the year. Work done in school holiday or occasional work should not be taken into account.

In the case where the respondent had a job earlier sometime, filling the questions 27-30 depending on whether he/she is looking for a job.

In the case he/she is looking for a job, questions 27-30 have to be answered regarding the last job.
In the case he/she is not looking for a job, write only the last job (question 27) and the last status in employment (question 28) and do not answer questions 29 and 30.

For those respondents who have never worked before, leave questions 27-30 blank.

27. Your (present or last) occupation:
Write here the occupation the respondent does as his/her main job, or if he/she does not work currently, the main occupation he/she last did. In the case of somebody who does more than two jobs at the same time, indicate the most significant one, which is the one of which he/she spends most of the time.

Indicate the occupation/ field of activity with enough detail as to clearly establish the activity performed. Do not use general terms which do not refer to the activity or refer only to the assignment or rank in the office.

In the case of persons doing seasonal work, casual work, work for public and helping family members, it is not enough to write 'seasonal worker', 'casual worker', 'helping family member' but write in detail the activity done (e.g. sinking the garden, cleaning the road, cleaning, renovating the roof, stowage).

In case of military corps of the Hungarian Army the note should be 'official soldier' or 'soldier with contract'.

28. What is (was) your status in employment?
Employee is the person who is in labor relation with an employer generally based on working contract. This category includes civil servants, public functionaries, persons acting as judges or attorneys, as well as professional and contracted members of armed forces and public defense (their legal status being civil servant or public services worker).

Sole proprietor, self-employed is the person working alone or with some employees -- generally on the basis of a license of activity -- as sole proprietor (like artisans, retailers, farmers, free-lancers etc.), not as member of a joint undertaking.

Working member of a company is the person, who parallel to his/her partnership in possessing a non-co-operative venture, is obliged to contribute to the activity of the venture by personal activity, work.

Working member of a co-operative is the person who as a member of any kind of economic organization in co-operative form (e.g. consumption co-operative, agrarian co-operative) is obliged for work.

Casual employee (working by special commission contract, casual worker, day worker) is the person, who neither has a stable working contract, nor is an entrepreneur, though -- with, or without a special document -- is working, usually lasting for a short period of time (e.g. agricultural day-work, shoveling the snow, unskilled work in construction). The day-worker, based on an agreement with the employer, is working either for a negotiated period of time (one day, week etc.), or is performing a given job (digging of a piece of land, painting the fence etc.). Odd job performers are also the persons, who on the basis of an individual contract, not as entrepreneurs, perform an intellectual job (e.g. translation of a text, holding a lecture etc.).

Employed in public works (doing work for public benefit, public purposes etc., employed in public employment) is the person who is employed by the local government in public benefit work or public work program.

Contributing family worker is the participating family member who helps the sole proprietors, members of a company or members of a co-operative in their activity without pay, but receiving from the achievements of the enterprise or economic company as a member of the household.

29. Do you have employees?
In the case of the first leaders of business organization, enterprises, budgetary authority, take into account not only the employee right under them but the whole staff belonging to the firm.

30. Name the typical activity of your employer or enterprise, OR description of the activity of your employer or enterprise (current or last employer):
The company, enterprise (factory, unit, premises, shop, school, etc.) where the respondent actually works must be indicated as the employer. For those who are in employment relationship with a company hiring manpower must indicate the enterprise where he/she is actually working and not the agency as employer. Beside the name of the employer, the main activity has to be indicated by all means (e.g. Kontroll Kft, tax consultancy, Magveto Kiadó, book publisher, Lakópark Kft., building dwellings, József Attila Primary school, basic education). If the respondent does not want to give the name, he/she should provide detailed answers which enable to establish the activity, tasks of the enterprise (factor making preparatory work for printing office, manufactory producing food, book publishing, impatient service, private road goods transport). In case the firm has more activity, write the most typical one.

In the employer is a private household, it is enough to write 'private household'.

31. Where, in which locality is your workplace / nursery / kindergarten / school?
The name of the locality should be given to where the respondent goes to work, school, kinder-garden, nursery every day. In case the place of work and place off school etc. is not the same locality with the one where the respondent lives, note the name of the locality, the district of Budapest. In case of locality abroad, write the name of the country.

Mark in your dwelling, home if the respondent works at home, or if the workplace/ school is in the same building or on the same site as his/her dwelling.

In case of travelling workers (e.g. drivers of vehicles for passengers or good transport, those proving on-the-spot services, repairs) the locality must be given where they take up work every day. In case of travelling workers, do not mark the answer in different localities.

Answer in different localities must be marked for those who perform their work every day in different localities (e.g. market trader, those who perform product presentations). In the case of students and children going to nursery or kindergarten, this answer cannot be given.

Those who work or study must give information for this question and the next one.

32. How do you travel from your actual residence to work/school/kindergarten/ nursery?
Mark one or more means of transport (maximum three) if the respondent regularly travel by them on a single journeys (e.g. if he/she travels to the locality of the workplace, school, etc. by train and then he/she have to change to some kind of local means of transport). If the respondent does not travel always in the same way (e.g. either by car or by public transport), mark the means of transport used most frequently.

The answer on foot has to be marked, if the respondent goes to workplace, school without any transportation vehicle and if most of the road is done on foot. Getting in short time to the stops of the transport vehicles on foot does not have to be marked separately.

33.How many minutes does the journey to work/school/kindergarten/nursery usually take?
Give the time spent to travel to work in minutes (one-way). In the case where somebody goes to other locality for work, school, nursery etc. count the time spent between getting to the other locality and include the time needed for getting e.g. to the railway station and the time spent for getting from the railway station to the workplace in the locality of the workplace. Time spent for waiting for the vehicles also has to be counted in the time spent for traveling.

V. Nationality, used language, religion

Answering to questions 34-42 is not compulsory. Bring this to the attention of the respondent. Nevertheless the questions have to be asked from everybody!

The following questions are special data according to the Act LXIII. of 1992 on protection of personal data and the publicity of public data. During the enumeration you have to take into account that these questions are related to such topics of which the respondents cannot be keen to speak about or answer to others. In case the respondent answer, the enumerator has to ask discreetly, with patience and attention!

If the respondent does not want to answer any from the questions 32-42, you have to mark the do not wish to answer category. If the respondent says that does not want to answer any of these questions expressly, you have to mark this answering option at all of these questions.

38. Which religious community or denomination do you think you belong to?
You have to write the religious community or denomination to which the person states he/she belongs to. Only one religious community or denomination can be signed. You have to avoid indicting general notes (such as Christian, orthodox, catholic) or short notes.

In case of persons belonging to big historical religious communities it is enough to specify: Roman Catholic, Greek Catholic, Calvinist, Lutheran.

In case of persons belonging to small churches religious communities we ask to specify the name of the religious community (e.g. AGAPE Party, The Door of the Precept Buddhism Church, Chinese Christian Party, Bét Orim Reform Jewish Religious Community).

It is not enough to write that the respondent belongs to e.g. Orthodox religion, but you have to write Serbian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox, Roman Orthodox etc.

You have to mark the atheist answering option if the respondent does not believe in the existence of God or denies God.

The answering option do not belong to a religious community or a denomination has to be marked if the respondent is not atheist, but does not feel belonging to a religious community or denomination.

VI. Long-lasting diseases, deficiencies

39. Do you have any long-lasting disease or deficiency?
A disease is long-lasting if it cannot be cured at present but can be treated with medicaments or other therapies. These diseases are for example diabetes mellitus, pulmonary disease, hypertension, neoplasm, diseases of the heart and the vascular system, articular diseases. In case you marked have long-lasting diseases, you have to follow the questionnaire until question 42.

Deficiency is the constant status or quality when a person does not have or have with restrictions physical, mental, sensory, musculoskeletal or communicational ability and this status hampers/limits measurably his/her participation in social life and living the usual or traditional lifestyle.

In the case where the respondent gives the answer has neither long-lasting disease nor a deficiency, the questionnaires is finished for this person.

40. What deficiencies do you have?

A person has movement deficiency if he/she has significant and constant limitation in moving experiences and socialization. The reason of this status is the injury, impairment, dysfunction of the holder and/or mover system of the body.

A person is autism, who has deficiency in the field of social behavioral skills/abilities.

A person has mental deficiency, who's general intellective skills is significantly below the general, and who's self-supporting life is limited very much.

A person has mental injury (psychic injury) who has psychiatric (not psychological) treatment or had it before. The physical injury is not in context of the mental skills/abilities, it is not equal with the mental deficiency. In the past, this person was called psychiatric patient.

A person is speech handicap if he or she makes mistakes during the speech because of the anatomic injury, immaturity or functional difficulties of his/her speech organs (e.g. lisping, lisp, burring, stutter, nasal speech).

A person has speech deficiency who's speaking and language development did not started because of different reasons, started slowly, it is a result of disease or the developed speech is injured on several levels. Speech deficiency is for example the specific difficulty of the articulation, the difficulty of the expressive speech, the difficulty of speech understanding, the acquisitive aphasia with epilepsy. The problems with speech and language development are often followed by connecting problems e.g. reading, orthography difficulty, or difficulty in personal relationships.

A person has hard of seeing if he or she has serious impairment in seeing, his/her seeing cannot be corrected/cured by eye-glass, contact lens, medicine or operation, but he or she can realize the existence and space of objects.

Blind is a person, who cannot see light to one or both of his/her eyes, or has feeling of light but his/her ability of seeing is not enough to know/see the objects.

A person has hard of hearing if he or she is able to communicate with others oral (load) by using acoustic instrument or rehabilitation and development with doctor without using sign language.

Deaf is a person who's hearing cannot be cured with acoustic instrument, rehabilitation and development with doctor and generally communicates with sign language with others.

Deaf and blind is a person who has limitaitons both in seeing and hearing. Get in contact, start and keep communication with them is possibly only with special methods.

A person has serious deficiency of internal organs who has a serious and continuous (more than six months) health injury in internal organs which limits him/her in self-supporting lifestyle, work or social participation in any way. These are for example: remnant continuous injury because of transplantation, inner organ changes which requires treatments done in special circumstances (e.g. kidney dialyses).

In case of more deficiencies maximum three answers can be marked.

3. Formal requirements of handling and completing the questionnaires
Safety/wholeness of the questionnaires has to be taken care with special attention. The enumerator has to take care for handling the questionnaires carefully during delivering to the respondents and in the other following tasks with them, so to avoid the questionnaires to become dirty, crease or tear.

3.1. Completing of the questionnaires
The questionnaires have to be fulfilled or corrected as it is written on the first page of the Dwelling Questionnaire. Do not use pencil, ink, felt and ceramic pen solvable in water or typewriter. Do not use corrector painter (radix, corrector scooter, corrector liquid etc.) and do not stick the boxes or paces needed to correct.

3.2. Coping ruined questionnaires
The marks on the questionnaire have special importance in the data processing. Therefore, questionnaires are needed to be copied in certain cases. These cases are the following:

- For data processing only the Hungarian language questionnaires produced by the printing house are available. Other questionnaires (such as those downloaded from internet, photocopied or in other language) are not accepted, so they are needed to be copied to questionnaires produced by the printing house.

- The same requirements and rules have to be used for the self-fulfilled questionnaires collected from the respondents. In the case these are not corresponded/suited to the requirements of the handling and formal filling, then they need to be copied to an empty questionnaire.

- Boxes of the Identifiers on the questionnaires cannot be corrected! In case a mistake is done when copying the identifiers, the whole personal questionnaire has to be copied.

- Pre-printed boxes with will tear line serve data processing purposes, so needed to leave empty! In case some writing would be in theses boxes, the whole questionnaire has to be copied to a new, empty questionnaire.

If there is any correcting paint or stick on the questionnaire, that questionnaire is needed to be copied to an empty questionnaire.