The Instruction of Conducting Census and Filling in the Census Questionnaire of 2011
Republic of Armenia
National Statistical Service of the Republic of Armenia
Adopted by the State Council on Statistics of the Republic of Armenia 09.07.2011 by the resolution N 35 A
[Table of contents omitted]
This instruction was carried out basing on the laws of the Republic of Armenia "On the State Statistics" and "On the Population Census", the Decision N 301 "On Conducting of the 2011 Census, 2010 Pilot Census in the Republic of Armenia and creation of national, regional and Yerevan city committees" adopted by the Government of the Republic of Armenia on the March 26, 2009, the Decision N 674 "On adoption of the 2011 RA Census program" adopted by the Government of the Republic of Armenia on the May 12, 2011, the Resolution N 07-A "On the main organizational and methodological provisions of the 2011 Census of RA" adopted by the State Counsel of the RA, also the international standards of conducting a census ("UNECE CES Recommendations for the 2010 Round of Population and Housing Censuses"). This instruction has an aim to guide temporary personnel in the conduction of the census in 2011, and the filling in the questionnaires.
1. According to the RA Government Decision N 301 adopted on the March 26, 2009, the serial Republic of Armenia 2011 census is conducted in 12-21 inclusive.
2. The most important feature of the census is the unity of the information collection. The population in the whole republic is registered, as much as possible, in the same fixed moment, which is called the (critical) moment of the census. As a critical moment of the census the midnight (0000) of the first day of the Census - October 11 to 12, has been chosen.
3. Filling in of the census document, collecting of the datum by the interviewers starts on October 11 and continues for 10 days till October 21 inclusive. This means that the children born after the critical moment must not be registered; the people who died after the mentioned moment, that were still alive at that moment must be registered.
4. Terms used in this instruction could be used only in terms of filling of Census Documentation.
5. The interviews fill in the questionnaires by the oral answers of the replier.
6. The census must be conducted by the interviewers who will visit all the houses located in their areas, buildings and constructions (including the building used by offices and organizations), where people can or live at the moment. The visits start at 800 on October 12.
7. During the Census the following documents must be used:
Form 4 "Control List on conducting of RA 2011 Census",
Form 6 "Supervisor Document on conducting of RA 2011 Census".
8. The population is registered according to the place of residence, including the temporary places of residence and not by the place of employment or serving.
9. In each house (building) all the people living there, or those that are absent, including those present there at the moment (the midnight of - October 11 to 12) of registration must be registered in the questionnaires.
10. According to this in the questionnaires are registered
b. Those who are temporary present in the house (building), whose permanent residences are out of boundaries of the following region (city, village).
c. All the inhabitants living in the house (building), who have no permanent settlement.
11. The geographical place; city, village, house, flat, where the repliers usually spend most of their time (as a rule sleep there), is called permanent settlement. That place can or cannot coincide with the registered address of the replier.
12. As absents the following RA citizens, foreigners and persons without citizenship are registered;
b. those people who are in the hospital for treatment or for something like that at the time of the conducting a census, who are at the birth houses, in the sanatoriums (those taking a vacation for a day or two), as well as those who are in the boarding schools (except those who permanently live there), also those living in dormitories, if the hospital, the sanatorium, the boarding school and etc., is out if the given region.
13. As not absent are considered those RA citizens, foreigners and persons without citizenship, who are permanently living in the building who were not at home in October 11, 12pm, but
2. at the moment they were out of the boundaries of the region but weren't able to be registered because of one of these reasons.
b. Those who were on position duty, even if the absence lasted only for a few days and they didn't stay in the places where they couldn't be registered (railway, airport and transportation workers, people, luggage, animal and other group conductors).
c. Those who were at the sanatoriums for one - two days, who were on the way in the means of transportation as a passenger, driver, etc.
d. Those who went abroad for less than a month for vacations, for business, or for treatment, visited their relatives, or as tourists, hikers, campers, alpinists, and pilgrims.
e. Those who were drafted for military services (regardless the time) and those who are in the prisons under arrest as well as for administrative arrest for 15 days.
f. Those who were under criminal investigation not more than a month ago.
14. Those RA citizens, foreigners and persons without citizenship who were at the given region in the house (building) at the time of conducting a census, even though their permanent settlement is out of the boundaries of that region (city, village) and the period of their settlement doesn't exceed a year, are registered as temporary present. Particularly;
1. Those who are on business trip, for permanent or seasonal work, for internship, or who are on vacations (school or university), who visited their friends and relatives if their absence from their permanent settlements doesn't exceed one year period.
2. Those who are in the hotels (except the ones who live there permanently and those who cannot register a permanent settlement).
15. Those people who are in hospitals for treatment (if their being there doesn't exceed one year period), who are in the sanatoriums, in the rest houses (except for one or two days), who are in boarding schools (except those who are permanently settled there) are registered as temporary presents (and as absents in their permanent settlements) if their permanent settlement isn't in the same region, where the hospital, the sanatorium, the rest house or the mentioned school or boarding school is.
16. The notes in the census questionnaire are done regardless the type of the registration (permanent or temporary). For example, if the mentioned person in registered in one address, but actually lives in some other place, then he/she must be registered according to the actual settlement.
16.1. Those that live in the region of the Universities, who study at secondary schools and colleges, regardless the period of their arrival from the previous permanent settlements, are registered according to the place of education. They are not registered in the questionnaire for their previous settlements.
16.2. Those who are in the temporary military service are not registered in the military unites; they are registered in their settlement, in their household. Those who are in the army by contract and are inhabited in the open areas are registered in their households by general form.
16.3. The citizens of the Republic of Armenia working in sphere of foreign affairs and trade or in other organizations and the members of their families living with them are registered abroad by the representative organizations of the Republic of Armenia and by consulates. In Armenia the census questionnaires are not filled in for these kinds of people.
16.4. The registration of the people, who are in prison, in detention centers and other such institutions, is done by the National Statistical Service of the Republic of Armenia and the corresponding ministries in accordance with common rules and deadlines. These people are not registered in their previous settlements.
17. Those who live in the following house (building), though being away for contract work, business trip, vacations, visiting the relatives and friends, the citizens of the RA that are abroad, are registered in their permanent settlements as the absentees.
18. The foreign citizens who live in Armenia permanently (for 1 year and more) and those who have no citizenship are registered in Armenia according to their settlements by the general rule.
19. Those who came to Armenia for working in the local or foreign organizations (except those foreigners who work in the foreign and international organizations), for a contract work or studying (regardless of their citizenship), are registered according to their settlements by general rule.
20. Those who came to Armenia from abroad, including CIS countries for the permanent residence, who hasn't got the permission to live here, are registered by the general rule ( according to the settlement) there where the interviewer will meet them.
21. Those who are temporarily present in Armenia at the time of the conducting the 2011 RA census, but live abroad permanently, are also registered. Particularly,
21.1. People who came here for studying or working for less than a year (regardless their citizenship),
21.2. People who came to Armenia for treatment, for visiting their relatives and friends, tourists, pilgrims and the transit migrants (regardless their citizenship).
22. People who don't have permanent settlements (e.g. the homeless), are registered in the places where they spend the night during a night by special interviewers.
23. During the interview of the members of the households the interviewer must find out if any of the members of the household has another place of living (except the cases mentioned in points 16.1, 16.2, 16.3). If one of them has then they must decide where to register him/her during the census. The preference is given to the place where the household of the replier lives.
Example 1. If the replier has a flat or a house, where he is registered, but he/she lives in some other place with his/her family (e.g. in the flat that belongs to his wife), then this person must be registered there where his/her family lives.
Example 2. If the replier lives in the dormitory of the work place and goes to other places during the weekends and days off to his household, then this person must be registered where his/her household lives.
24. The interviewer must give a form (Form 5) about the conducting a census, to the people who are temporarily present in a house (building), except the foreigners.
25. Besides, the form must be given to the people;
2. For those a supervisor document (Form 6) is completed (see point 36);
3. Who intended to leave for another place even for a day during October 12- 26 at the time of conducting a Census.
26. The interviewer numerates the forms given for his/her region and asks the people to keep the forms till October 26.
27. Those people who have the form about conducting a census if met out of their permanent settlements (if the interviewer meets them in other rural or urban localities) mustn't be registered for the second time. But the registration of these people in the questionnaires for their permanent settlements is done and they are considered to be the absentees.
Example: K. Galstyan permanently lives in Aparan city, but on October 11 (at the moment of the census) he was in Vayots Dzor marz (region), in village Khachik. He was registered as a temporary present in the hotel of Khachik on October 12 and he got a certificate from the interviewer. He went back to Aparanon October 13 and there in his flat he met the interviewer for Aparan city. K Galstyan shows the interviewer the certificate about the conducting a census in Khachik. Despite that K.Galstyan must be registered by the interviewer that visited his household, as a member of the household, as an absentee, filling in a corresponding question about the absence.
28. If the interviewer meets someone who is permanently or temporarily present in the house (building), who was out of the boundaries of the mentioned region on October 11 at 12PM and is in some other place where he/she must be registered as a permanent or temporary present, then the interviewer must find out if that person has a certificate about undergoing a census in that region. For these people the interviewer must complete a control list (Form 4).
29. The control list contains 13 individual questions, which correspond with the minimum questions set of Census questionnaire.
30. While making a control list the following 3 questions should be filled in:
30.1. On the front page, in the address field, the address (region, district, street and etc.) is written, where the corresponding control list is made, then a check mark is used in the "yes" or "no" field to answer the following questions:
b. "Was he/she registered in the questionnaire mentioning the absence while making the control list?"
30.3. On the opposite side of the control list, in the special field, the settlement address must be written where the following person will be registered as permanently or temporary present, that is to say the place where he/she was at the moment of the census.
31. Later according to the last question they check if the following person was registered in the corresponding questionnaire or not. That is reason that addresses must be filled in with the required accuracy and thoroughness.
32. If a control list is made for any person in his/her permanent settlement, then with the control list the interviewer registers him/her as an absentee in his/her household census questionnaire.
Example: L Khachikyan permanently lives in Vardashat village of Ararat marz, but on October 11 he went to Gumri to visit his relatives. There he stayed till October 15. On October 15 he returned to Vardashat village and he met the interviewer in his flat.
If L. Khachikyan doesn't have a certificate about the census, then the Vardashat village interviewer must make a control list for him and give him a certificate. In the control list after filling in the first question, the interviewer must:
b. Answer "yes" to the question "Was he registered at the same time with the control list in the census questionnaire with the mention of the absence?"
In this example in the address field of the control list and in the second question where the Vardashat village address is filled in, and on the opposite side of the control list, in the address field, the address in Gumri must be written. L. Khachikyan must be registered in Gumri as a temporary present and as an absentee in Vanadzor.
Example 1: D. Poghosyan permanently lives in Dilijan city. On October 14 he went to Vanadzor city for business (after the critical moment of the census) and on October 15 he met the interviewer there. D. Poghosyan must be registered in Dilijan as a permanent present (he was in his house at the critical moment of the census). But because he doesn't have a certificate about the conduction of the census, then the Vanadzor city interviewer must make a control list for D. Poghosyan and give a certificate to him. In Vanadzor the interviewer doesn't make a census questionnaire, and in the control list, after the first address "No" answer should be marked in the following check boxes;
b) "Along with a completing of the control list, is he registered in the census questionnaire with the note of absence?"
In this example in the address field of the control list Vanadzor address is filled in, and in the second question and on the opposite side of the control list the address in Dilijan must be filled in.
Example 2: G. Matevosyan permanently lives in Egheghnadzor city. On October 9 in the morning he went to Talin city for personal affairs, where he stayed till October 14 and on October 12 he went to Eghvard village (Sunik marz). There he met the interviewer.
G. Matevosyan went to Eghvard after the critical moment of the census and he doesn't have a certificate about the census. The interviewer of Eghvard must complete a control list for him and give a certificate. In Eghvard a census questionnaire does not complete for G. Matevosyan and in the control list to the questions A) "was he in the following address on October 11, 12pm?" and B) "Along with a completing of the control list, is he registered in the census questionnaire with the note of absence?", the No" answer should be marked in.
As G. Matevosyan was in Talin at the time of conducting a census, then in Gavar he must be registered as a temporary present and in Egheghnadzor which is his permanent settlement, as an absentee.
In the first address field of the control list the interviewer writes the address of Eghvard village (where the control list was filled in), in the second field - the permanent settlement (address) of Egheghnadzor and on the opposite side the address of Talin (where he must registered as a temporary present).
34. Each interviewer numerates the filled in control lists in his/her interviewed district, writes some notes in the 2nd table of the notebook of the interviewer, in the house (building) field, where the controls lists where made.
35. If the interviewer meets a person who has more than one house, flat, summerhouse and so on (except the cases mentioned in the point 16 of the General Provision), then he must find out where this person must be registered.
36. After finding out the place of the registration;
2. If the registered place of the replier doesn't correspond with the address, where the interviewer met him/her and if he/she doesn't have a certificate about taking part in the census, then the interviewer completes a control list for this person and gives a certificate about taking part in the census.
37. The supervisor documents are numerated in the boundaries of the registration district in the united recurrent numbers and it is given to the instructor-supervisor. The interviewer writes in 2nd table of his/her notebook how many supervisor documents were filled in in each house. Later with the help of these documents the accuracy of the registration of such people must be kept (for avoiding a double registration or any omission).
38. After the end of the census, from October 22 to October 26 an electoral supervisory visit is held. In the cities and rural areas the supervisory visit is held in all the registration districts including in each of them 10% of the preliminary chosen houses (flats).
39. The aim of the supervisory visit is:
2. to specify the notes about the absentees.
41. During the supervisory visit the instructor - supervisor (or the interviewer) checks if all the members of the given household took part in the census including the ones who came after October 12. They must find out for all the members who live in the following house (building) either temporarily or permanently, where they were at the moment of the census in 2001, October 9, 12am.
42. All the people in the household, who were subject for the census but were missed by the interviewer (instructor-supervisor), must be registered in the questionnaire assigned for the mentioned household, filling in all the answers to the questions about the person.
43. During the supervisory visit a certificate, a control list and supervisor document are completed for the people who are subject for registration but don't have a certificate about the census.
2. the household that comprises 2 or more people living in the separate dwelling unit or in the part of it, the members of which realize their biological needs by keeping a general household and partly uniting their resources. Those people can be connected by kinship or by marriage or both.
45.1. During the registration the following must be taken into consideration:
b. Those people, who permanently live in the dormitories, hotels, sanatoriums and in the rest houses, are registered as independent households,
c. Those people who are the part of the serving personnel, who live in the same organizations, where they work (for example: orphanages, boarding schools and etc.), are registered as separate households except the second example of the 17th point of the general provisions of this instruction,
d. The people who don't have a permanent settlement (the homeless, wanderers), are also registered as households.
45.2. Dwelling unit is called the separate settlement for the members of one household and the independent settlement or the place that is not for living but used as such during the census. The dwelling unit can be settled or free, moving or made off-hand, as well as any space used by the members of the household during the census regardless the time of the usage and the recourses.
Consequently the dwelling unit can be:
b. A hut, settles van or some other shelter that can be used as a dwelling unit during the time of the census,
c. A separate flat, rooms or a group of the rooms in the hotel, dormitory and in the camp
45.3. The dwelling unit is intended for one household, but there are cases when it is used by two and more households, consequently in such dwelling units more than one questionnaire can be filled in.
46. Group (institutional) households make those people who permanently live in the orphanages, in the boarding schools and in the special schools (for example, in the boarding schools for the children who are parentless or have only a mother or only a father), in the nursing homes and in the religious establishments (for example, in monasteries), in the prisons, in the reformatory colonies and in other such establishments. That is to say they make groups of population that live together and usually are submitted to the same rules and eat together.
The households of the serving personnel are not included in the structure of the population that live with group (institutional) households.
47. The interviewer gives the questions of the census questionnaire to the replier just the way they are in the questionnaire. All the notes in the questionnaire must be done with a ball pen. All the questions that have several possible answers are in the special tab in the direction of the arrow. The answers to the questions are filled in by writing words and figures (with corresponding prompting points).
48. The interviewer must fill in the answers to all the questions only in the white space of the given column.
49. It is not allowed to write notes in the fields marked with a dark color. They are intended for the future drafting (encoding) of the questionnaires.
50. If the note was filled in not correctly a line must be drawn on it accurately and the correct one must be written.
The census questionnaire consists of the following parts:
1. The address tab
2. Personal (individual) questions
3. The questions describing the dwelling conditions of the household
4. The questions describing the engagement of the household in agriculture
5. Other questions addressed to the household.
The interviewer starts the filling in the questionnaire by filling in the address tab. First if all he/she enumerates the census questionnaires in his/her registration district. One census questionnaire is intended for 7 persons. If in the separate households the number of the inhabitants exceeds 7 people then under the same number 2 or more questionnaires are made. In this case on the questionnaire A is written after the number and B on the second one (For Example, Questionnaire N 21A, Questionnaire 21B) and so on.
All the information that describes the address tab of the questionnaire must be written both on the first and on the other questionnaires. After that the names of the province, region, and district are written, where the questionnaire was made, as well as the phone number and the address of the given household.
If the census questionnaire was filled in in the organization, then in the address tab on the "name of the organization" line, the name of the organization must be written; for example Sanatorium "Armenia", hotel "Congress" and so on.
If the household comprises more than 8 people, then during the filling if of the census questionnaire in the "A" column the recurrent enumeration is specified.
Please, list the names, second names and the patronymic of the members (present or absent) of the household, as well as the people who are present temporarily.
The interviewer registers all the members (including the absentees) of the household, as well as those members of the household who don't live there but are present at the time of the registration.
In each household one of the oldest members is registered first, then the other members. Besides, the following order of the registration of the members of the household must be kept:
2. The children (not married) are registered after their parents,
3. If there are several spouses in the household, then first one spouse and the children are registered, then the second one with their children and so on,
4. Those members of the household that don't have any kin relation with the other members of the household are written in the end.
Example: L.Avagyan informed the interviewer that in his house one household lives with the following members: he himself, his mother, his wife, his married son, single daughter, the daughter in law, his grandchild and his divorced sister. After October 4 this wife's aunt visited them from Syunik. He wanted to be the first to be registered in the list. In this case the order of the registration of the members of the household must be done in the following way:
First Avagyan's personal information is completed and then his wife is registered. The first married couple and their single child his daughter. The son, son's wife (Avagyan's Daughter in law), son's daughter (Avagyan's grandchild. the second married couple and their child
Avagyan's mother, Avagyan's siste. one of the parents with his/her single child, Avagyan's wife's aunt, some other relative.
After registering the members of the household by their names the interviewer writes the general number of the registered members of the household in the "Total" tab.
If more than one questionnaire is made for the household then the total number of the registered is written only in the last questionnaire.
Were you permanently present/ temporary present /absent during the Census registration on October 11, 12 am?
For filling in the answer for this question the interviewer finds out:
B. Who of the dwellers that doesn't usually live there was present on October 11, 12 pm and that's why is subject for registration as temporary present. The interviewer writes the identification code "2" in accordance with that.
C. Who of the permanent dwellers was absent on October 11, 12 pm and is subject for registration as "absent". The interviewer writes the identification code "3" in accordance with that.
In case of the absence of one of the members of the household during the registration, the interviewer can fill in the personal questions regarding him/her based on the information given by the other members of the household, in case they can give comprehensive answers for all the questions of the questionnaire.
In case it is impossible to get full information about the absent member of the household, then the interviewer must write down his/her name, second name, patronymic name in the questionnaire and question him/her in person during the double visit.
In the given building the households that are subject for registration but are absent at the time of the census, the interviewer must get the information about such households from the neighbors, condominiums, village councils and from other possible resources.
The interviewer must report about such cases to the instructor -supervisor and get his/her assistance.
The 3 and 4 questions are filled in only for the absent or temporarily present people for whom the 2 or3 identification codes were written in the second question.
The duration of the absence or temporarily presence (in months).
The interviewer finds out the duration (in months) of the absence or presence of the absent or temporary present person at the time of the conducting the census.
Example: if the absence of one of the members of the household is3 years, then it's written 36 in front of the name of this person in the 3rd column or if the person's temporary presence is 3 months, then it is written "03".
For those people whose absence is more than 8 years 3 months, it is written "99" in front of his/her name, even if the duration of his/her absence is 10 and more year.
Question 4 is answered only for the absentee or temporarily present.
The reason for the absence or, in case of being present, the aim of visit.
For the 4th question in a box directed from the column all the possible options are given, such as a work, personal/family circumstances, education, being guest, tourist, on business trip, etc.
The answer must be selected from the given notes and the corresponding digital code should be written in a 4th column of the row of that particular person.
Question 5 is answered only by an absentee person.
Where was he/she at the time of the census?
If the absentee was in Armenia, then the name of the region (marz) where he/she was written and if he/she was abroad, then the name of the country
Question 6 is answered only by the temporary visitor.
Where do you usually live?
For each registered temporary present the permanent settlement is written. If he/she permanently lives in the Republic of Armenia, then on the first line of this question the name of the region is written then the name of the settlement.
If the settlement of the temporary present is out if the boundaries of Armenia, then on the first line the name of the country is written and the second line is not filled in.
Your kinship relation with the first registered person of the household.
To fill in the answer for this question the interviewer uses the prompts in the 7a column.
For the first registered person in the household "01" is written on the first line. For the other members of the household the corresponding code of the prompts is written. For example, if the replier is the son of the first registered in the household, then it is necessary to write prompt code "03" corresponding to "daughter, son" and so on, and if the replier has some other kinship relation with the first registered in the household (for example, nephew) then it is written prompt code "11" of "other relative."
Brother in law. Brother of the wife
Brother in law. Brother of the husband
Sister in law. Sister of the husband
Sister in law. Sister of the wife
Brother in law. Husband of the sister in law
The interviewer fills in prompt code "12" for "not relatives" for the person who doesn't have any kinship relation with the given household.
"Roommate" prompt code "13" is written for those people who permanently live, partly or fully, in the dormitories, nursing homes, boarding schools, in the monasteries (institutional population). The exception made for those people, who have kinship relations with each other (for example, spouses can live in a dormitory, or brother and sister can live in a boarding school). For these people the interviewer fills in this question according to the kinship relation.
If the household comprises one person, then the corresponding prompt code "01" of "the first person registered in the household" is filled in.
The successive number of the mother (father) according to the column "7A"
For each person living with his/her parents in the household (regardless of age, as well as the marital status), the interviewer writes in the "A" column the successive number corresponding to his/her mother's ( or a step-mother's) name in the column "7B" without additional questions.
In the case, that person's mother does not live in the household, the successive number of father (or step-father) is written and if neither father nor mother live in the household then nothing is written in this column.
Identification codes "1" for males and "2" for females are used to fill in the corresponding column.
The date (year, month, day) of your birth.
For answer to this question 4 columns are allocated. The day of birth is written in the column "9a", the month - in "9b" and in the year of birth is written in column "9c".
Example: if the interviewee was born in August 25, 1954, then in the column "9a" 25 must be written, in "9b" - 08 and in "9c" - 1954.
2. 0. 1954
In the column "9d" the age written by years should be filled in.
After writing down the year of birth, without any additional questions, using "Finding out the age by the year of birth with an additional chart" (Appendix 1), the interviewer finds out the person's age by the filled in years and writes it in the "9d" column. For the above mentioned example "57" should be written.
Besides, in the chart the following fact must be taken into consideration: the age of those who were born from January 1 to October 11 is written in the first column and in the second column the age of those who were born from October 12 to December 13. For the children under the age of 1 year old "0" is written in "9d" column.
For the answer to this question two lines are intended.
If the replier was born in the Republic of Armenia, then on the first line made for the answer of the question he/she must write the name of the marz (region), for example Vayots Dzor,
Shirak, etc., then on the second one the name of the place he /she was born.
If the replier was born abroad, then on the first line only the name of the country is written (for example "Georgia", "Russian", "Greece", "USA" and so on and the second line is not filled in.
The country of your citizenship.
For the answer to this question two lines are intended.
If the person has one citizenship, then only the first line is completed. For the citizens of Armenia "Armenia" is written, and for the citizens of other countries the name of the country which citizens they are is written, for example "Germany", "Russia", "Lebanon" and so on.
For the person with double citizenship both lines are completed. If the citizen of other countries than Armenia is given the citizenship of the Republic of Armenia, than in the first line his/her main citizenship must be written, and in the second line "Republic of Armenia" should be written.
Foreigners with double citizenship both lines are completed by the order at their discretion.
For the people who don't have a citizenship, "doesn't have" is written.
The parents determine the citizenship of the children.
For the completion of this question, the interviewer uses one of the possible answers included in the nations list and the correspondent numerical code is written in the intended box. The nationality is written which the replier mentions. If the nation of interviewee is not included in the list, then code "14" is used.
In the possible answers list the answer "Refuses to answer" is included and the code for that is "15". The parents determine the nationality of children.
Your mother tongue and other language you master.
For the completion of this question, which comprises from two parts, the interviewer uses one of the possible answers included in the coded list of languages and the correspondent numerical code is written in the intended box.
For each person for this question in line "13A" the replier's mother tongue's code is written that will mention the replier himself.
If the replier find it difficult to mention any language as his/her mother tongue, then the name of the language must be written which he /she knows better or the language which is usually used in the family.
For the children who don't speak yet the mother tongue is determined by the parents. The mother tongue of the dumb and deaf is considered to be the language in which they read and write or the one that is used in their household or by which they mostly contact with other people.
In line "13B" some other language is written that replier is fluent in that is to say he/she can read in that language, write and speak fluently. If the replier is fluent in more than one foreign language, only one mentioned by replier at his/her discretion should be written.
If the replier doesn't want to answer to question about his/her mother tongue, "19" code is used.
If the replier know no other any language other than his/her mother tongue in "13B" line "20" code is used.
Your religion, church or religious direction.
Everyone is free to decide his/her confession religion, therefore the interviewer should find out the answer to each respondent individually.
For the completion of this question, the interviewer uses one of the possible answers included in the coded list of religions (confessions) and the correspondent numerical code is written in the intended box. If the replier is considered to be a follower of one of the religious directions, 14th question should be completed using codes "01"-"16" as following:
"01" Follower of the Armenian Apostolic church.
"03" Orthodox for persons who consider themselves followers of Russian Orthodox, Georgian Orthodox, Greek Orthodox and other Orthodox churches.
"04" Nestorian (Assyrian) church, for those who are followers of Eastern Christianity.
"05" Follower of the Evangelical church
"06" Jehovah's Witnesses
"13" - Judaism.
"14" Krishna Consciousness or Hare Krishna
"15" Transtsentral meditation,
"16" Other religion follower, which is not listed in the list.
"17" Code for those who would consider themselves as nonreligious (including the "atheists").
Children's religion is determined by the parents.
Taking into account the fact that the question may not be desirable for some individuals, it is possible to refuse to answer this question and in such cases "18" is written in answer tab.
Have you permanently lived in this settlement since the day of your birth?
In case of getting a positive answer for this question the interviewer writes code "1" - the corresponding code for answer "Yes".
Moreover, the continuity of residence is not broken in the following cases:
b. In case of moving within the same rural/urban settlement,
c. In case of going for a military service or going abroad for a business trip (up to 1 year).
d. In case of all other leavings with the duration of less than 1 year which are not connected with the change of permanent settlement.
In all other cases, including the movement from rural settlement to the urban within the same area (the former administrative region) and the contrary, as well as movement between to urban settlements, etc. are breaking the continuity of residence.
The permanency of the settlement is not connected with the registration and with its type (permanent or temporary) or with the changing of the address in the area of the same place.
Corresponding code for the answer "No" is written if person changed its place of births.
In case of "Yes" answer for the 15th question the question 20th should be filled in, and pass to, in case of "No" answer the interview should be continued by filling in 16, 17, 18 and 19 questions.
The date since when you have permanently been living here
In this column the date is written (for example 1946, 1981, 2000 and so on), since when the replier has permanently been living in the given city or in the rural area.
For those people who moved from one place to the other and came back again the date of return is written since when they have permanently been living in that settlement.
Your previous place of living
For each person for answering these questions there are two lines.
If the previous place of living of the replier was in Armenia, then the name of the region where he previously lived is written on the first line and the name of the settlement on the second line.
For those who came from abroad (including the CIS countries) on the first line the name if the country is written where the replier lived before and the second line is not filled in.
What type of settlement (urban or rural) was your place of residence?
If the respondent's last place of residence was in an urban community, "1" is marked and "2" is marked for those who lived in the rural community.
The main reason of changing the place of residence.
The possible answers for this question are suggested in chart that comes from the 19th column. For these cases there are the following possible prompts for "yes" answer.
"1" From other countries as a result of the war, as well as a result of widespread violence and massive violations of human rights.
"2" From other countries as a risk of persecution and violence, affiliation to racial, ethnic, religious, or any social group, or for the fear of persecution of the political views.
"3" Because of reunion of the family or the marriage.
"4" Repatriation, for those persons who leaved their permanent residence place in order to return to their homeland.
"5" Other reasons, not mentioned above.
The main source of the means of your existence
Before the beginning of the questioning the interviewer represents the list of the sources of the means of the existence to the replier. From this list the replier chooses his/her answer. Based on the received answers the interviewer writes the identification code corresponding to the chosen mean of existence.
"01" Hired employment. The code corresponding to this prompt is written for those people who has a job expressed by money or food-products or a profitable occupation regardless the time of the getting a payment for the job or getting a profit.
"02" Self-employment in agriculture. The prompt code for this category is written for those people who are busy in their personal farm with an agriculture work or keeping domestic animals. This source is written not only for those who are busy with agriculture for selling proposes, but also for those who are producing for the usage in their personal industry if such occupation makes a considerable invention in the general consumption of the household.
"03" Self-employment in other spheres. The prompt code for this category is written for those people who are involved in other spheres of economy, except the agriculture.
"4" Income from property. The prompt code for this category is written for those people who get their means of existence from the following sources:
b. Incomes from the difference in exchange rates of the sold shares and other forms of dividends,
c. Income rent from the leasing of the land and property,
d. In-kind (nonmonetary) income.
"5" Use of loans, savings and sale of capital (including the property)
"6" Pensions. This prompt code is written for those people who get a pension: pension for general work, age pension, pension for handicap children, social pension, pension for people who got handicapped at the time of the military service, pension for the families of the veterans. Besides when the money earner is died the pension determined for children, is for the children and not for the mother or father even if they are the ones who get that pension, and the pension for the family is written by the name of the person who gets it (for example the pension for the families of the veterans).
"7" Public benefits. "Benefit (except the unemployment benefit)". This prompt code is written for those people who get a monthly social benefit (foe example poverty, family benefit, one-off benefit given for the nursing of the children under the age of two and other benefits). "Unemployment benefit". This prompt code is written for those people who are registered as a unemployed in the employment services and get an unemployment benefit as well as financial assistance form the resources of the employment fund.
"8" Benefits from non-state sources
"9" "Scholarship". This prompt code is written for those students who get a scholarship.
"10" "Under the state care". This prompt code is written for the children of the orphanages, for the students living in the boarding schools, for the old and handicapped living in the nursing homes as well as for other people living under the care of the state.
"11" Under the care of non-governmental charity institutions
"12" "Monetary transfers (from the state sources)". This prompt code is written who get material assistance from the state (or regional) resources under the conditions that has no connection with the work.
"13" "Monetary transfers (from relatives residing outside Armenia)". "Material assistance (from non-state resources)". This prompt code is written for those who periodically get a material assistance without compensation from non-state resources. For example from relatives and not relatives, from organizations and so on.
"14" "Monetary transfers (from relatives residing outside Armenia)".
"15" "Under care". This prompt code is written for those who live by the resources of the relatives and other people as well as for those who get alimony. For example if the alimony is paid to the under-age children, who are the alimony receivers, then "Under care" prompt code is written for the children and not for the mother or father.
"16" "Other source". This prompt code is written only for those people whose source of the existence is not mentioned above (for example saving and so on).
Your academic degree or education
The question is filled in for the people of 6 years old and higher.
"01" "No elementary education" prompt code is written for the people at the age of 6 and higher (both studying and not studying) who don't have an elementary education but can read and write or only read in any language.
"02" "General elementary" prompt code is written for those who got an elementary education.
"3" General basic" prompt code is written for those who finished the general basic school and got a corresponding certificate.
"4" "General secondary" prompt code is written for those who finished the general secondary school (including those with the advanced training of specific subjects/discipline), college, gymnasium, etc. and got a corresponding certificate
"5" "Preliminary professional" prompt code is written for those people who got a preliminary professional education on the bases of general basic and general secondary education. For example technical, handicraft school and got a corresponding certificate.
"6" "Middle professional" prompt code for those people who graduated from colleges and institutions equal to them, state or non-state and who got college degrees, for example, pedagogical, medical colleges and so on.
"7" Higher professional prompt code is written for those who finished state and non state universities, academies, institutes and conservatories. This prompt code is also written for those who have bachelors and master's degrees.
"8" Postgraduate professional prompt code is written for those people who have postgraduate degrees.
For those people who have an academic degree corresponding prompt code "10" - Doctor of science or "9" Candidate of science" is written.
For those who got their education abroad, the prompt code, which corresponds to the degrees/certificate they got there, is written.
To define the general basic, general elementary and lower elementary educational levels "Additional chart to find out the level of education for those people who didn't have a general secondary education (by the finished grades)" must be used. (See appendix 2).
Completing a distance education and evening schools is attained to the level to the corresponding educational institutions.
For those who study or finished the educational institutions that don't give a general education (for example the courses of retraining and re-qualifying courses), the education is mentioned they got before attending those courses.
For those who don't have a general elementary education: are you literate?
For those who don't have an elementary education, that is to say for those people for whom in the 21st question "01" identification code for the "No elementary education" prompt was written, the interviewer asks if the person is literate.
Literate are considered to be those people who can read and understand what they have read in some language. Those who can read and write only their names and numbers, as well as people who can only read but not write, are considered. For this question, if the answer is "yes" identification code "1" is written, in case of no. "2".
Do you study in any educational institution?
For those who study any educational programs including distance education and evening schools (both in state and non-state educational institutions), regardless they are employed or not, one of the identification codes is written corresponding to the answers.
"1" Elementary school, for those who study in 1-4 grades.
"2" Secondary school, for those who study in 5-9 grades.
"3" Higher school, for those who study in 10-12 grades.
"4" Preliminary professional, code is written for those people who study in preliminary professional education (vocational education) on the bases of general basic and general secondary education.
"5" Middle professional prompt code is written for those who study in state and non-state colleges and in other institutions equal to them (pedagogical, medical, economical colleges and so on).
"6" Higher professional education prompt code is written for those who study in state and non-state higher educational institutions (in institutes, academies, universities, conservatories and so on) and in other educational institutions that provide educational programs equal to them.
"7" Postgraduate professional prompt code is written for those who study postgraduate or doctorate program in the educational centers as well as for those who study in the higher educational institutions, academies by the corresponding educational programs.
"8" Not studying prompt code is written for those people at the age of 6 and higher who do not study in any educational institution.
Your marital status
The question is registered only for the people of 15 years old and higher.
"1" "Never married" prompt code is written for those people who have never been married.
"2" "Married (registered)" prompt code is written for those people who are married at the time of the census and their marriage is registered by the Civil Registry Agency.
"3" "Married in fact (not registered)" prompt code is written for those people who are factually married but their marriage is not registered by the Civil Registry Agency.
"4" "Married, only by ritual canon in church" prompt code is written for those people who are married at the time of the census and their marriage is registered only by the ritual canon in Armenian Apostolic church.
"5" "Widowed" prompt code is written for those people whose marriage (regardless of being registered or not) was interrupted because of the death of one of the spouses.
"6" "Divorced (registered)" prompt code is written for those people whose marriage was registered but in the present those people are divorced and those facts are registered by the Civil Registry Agency.
"7" "Divorced in fact (not registered)" prompt code is written for those people who were married before (registered or not) but now they are divorced and these facts are not registered by the Civil Registry Agency.
The serial number of the husband/wife from the column "A"
This question is filled in only for the married people without any additional questioning. For the husband a serial number of wife is written, and for the wife - the husband's serial number which is marked in the column "A" of the Census questionnaire.
Question 25 (A and B) is answered by women age 15 and older, regardless of their marital status.
How many children did you bear?
For the women of 15 and older (regardless the marital status at the time of the census) the number of the born children is written (not counting the dead born ones), regardless all the children are alive at the time of the census or not and whether they are members of that household or live separately. Adopted children, as well as the children from the previous marriage of the husband are not counted with the children of the given woman.
If the women bore no children, then number 0 is written in the column 25A.
How many of them are alive?
From the total number of the children, born by the women the number of the alive children is written in the column corresponding to the question 25B.
If at the time of the census none of her children are alive then 0 is written.
If "0" is written in the column 25A, then "0" should be written in column 25B without any additional questioning.
Question 26 is answered by persons age 15 to 75.
Did you have any paid work or profitable job during the last 7 days from October 4 to 11 (including temporarily absence)?
Identification code "1", which corresponds to answer "Yes", is written for those people who in 2011 October 4-11:
1. Worked on paid basis or were self-employed, regardless of whether the job was permanent, temporary or seasonal, one-off, or casual, even if that job was for only one hour during the reference week.
2. Worked in the organization (farm), which belongs to a family member or relative, with the aim to support and help and doesn't receive any compensation in cash and (or) in kind.
3. Were engaged in household or farming activities, while the production was intended for full or partial sale or exclusively for own final use, provided that the production had a significant share in household consumption
4. Were in armed forces, including conscripts.
5. Provide services in other household, like housecleaning, laundry, caretakers for kids and adults, etc.
6. Were temporarily absent from work for various reasons keeping the position related with the workplace.
The following cases are considered as a temporarily absence from the work:
b. Annual and additional leaves, lockout with or without compensation, the vacation established by the law for pregnancy and for taking care of the children up to 3 years old, educational or vocational training vacation,
c. Works of special character,
d. Seasonal works,
The students and the retiree, who had any paid work or profitable job during the last 7 days from October 4 to 11, are registered as employed and for them also prompt code "1" corresponding to the answer "Yes" is written.
Prompt code "No" is written for those people who didn't have any paid work or profitable job during the last 7 days from October 4 to 11, as well as for the following people:
2. People who do a volunteer works on the personal and social bases, without compensation and those who serve different people or charity organizations;
3. People who own shares of some companies but they don't take part in their economic activities;
4. People who beg money (even if it is profitable).
What is the type of the activity of your main workplace (organization, company or its branch)?
The answer for this question is filled in for the people who had any paid work or profitable job from October 4 to 11 (for whom code "1" was written in the 26th question).
For those people, who have more than one job or activity, as a main one is considered to be the job/activity where he/she worked more hours during the week or from where he/she gets more profit.
For those people who in changed their main job from October 4 to 11, 2011, the type of manufactured product or provided service in the last workplace is written.
While filling in the answer it must be remembered that the character of the type of manufactured product or provided service in the workplace of interviewee, must be defined clearly and accurately to make it possible for further codification.
Shortenings and abbreviations are not allowed to use, with the exception of a very famous ones, as well as some companies' name cannot be written, as the company's economic activity cannot be determined by its name.
While filling in answers about education and health sectors, sub-sectors also should be determined. For example, not just an "Education", but "Elementary education" should be written in, and in case of health, the activity in the hospital, or ambulance should be detailed.
1) For those people who worked in the organizations, which have structural subdivisions engaged in various types of activities, the economic activity of the subdivision, where the interviewee works, is written.
If the respondent is an employer of such an organization, than type of activity, which is the largest in total revenue, or the one that respondent consider as a main, is written.
2) For those people who worked in the economic unite that had a structural subdivision, which character of activity is different from the character of the economic unite, but is aimed to assist the main activity, then the main activity of the subdivision, where the interviewee worked, should be written. For example for the person who works in the cafeteria of the tobacco factory, "the activity of the cafeteria" is written and not that of the tobacco factory.
3) For those people who are engaged in religious activities, "religious activity" is written.
For those people who work in the religious organizations, but are not engaged in religious activity, the activity type is written according to the type of manufactured product or the provided service. For example, for those people who engaged in the publishing of the religious newspapers and magazines "newspaper and magazine publication" should be written.
4) For those people who work in their own organization or have their own business (without hiring people), the full description of the economic activity is written (for example, taxi driver, hairdressing, and etc.).
5) For those people, who work in public administration (ministries, municipalities, any state committee, etc.), than the full name of that organization is written.
6) For those people who are engaged in agriculture the type of produced product is written. If the product belongs to plant growing, than "Perennial (or not perennial) plants growing" should be written. If the main type of activity is animal husbandry, then the exact animal activity should be written (horned cattle, poultry, sheep, bees, etc.).
If both plant growing and animal husbandry is practiced, than "Mixed agriculture" is written.
Hunting, trapping, forestry, gathering of timber and wild crops, as well as fishery should be mentioned as separate subsectors of agriculture.
7) If the respondent is to be hired to work in the family enterprise, the type of manufactured product or provided service by the family enterprise should be written.
For example, if a family enterprise engaged in the production of bakery products, where the respondent is working as a dishwasher, the type of activity "Bakery Production", rather than "Dishwashing" should be written.
8) For those people who are hired personally and who serve in the households (for example secretary, cook, nurse and so on), "household serving" is written.
Exceptions are those people, who work in companies engaged in providing services to the private households, such as landscaping, food supplies, and other similar companies. In such cases the particular type of activity is written.
9) If the replier is fired from the job by the trade union of the organization, establishment, then "trade union activity" is written.
10) For those people who serve in the army, than "serves in the army" is written.
Your occupation, occupied position, or activity in the main workplace
For those people who had any paid work or profitable job from October 4 to 11 (for whom code "1" was written in the 26th question), the detailed description of the type of the occupation, which they do in the workplace, mentioned in the 27th question, is written:
1) If the respondent had more than one job, and in the observed period he/she was temporary absent from the main workplace, than information on occupation, occupied position or the work (activities) should be completed according to the main workplace (activity) as in the question 27.
2) The occupation or/and occupied position must be written in detail mentioning the type of the work. It's not allowed to write "manager", "master", "typist", "operator" and so on (because most of them have the same name, but they belong to the different sphere of activity), instead it must be written "manager of the library", "manager of the marketing department", "computer operator", "camera operator", and so on.
3) If the title of position, for example "1st class specialist", doesn't allow to define the occupation, the brief job description should be written.
4) For those people who work in their own organizations without hiring people or engaging them in work time after time, the title of the occupation (handicraft) is written; for example "dentist", "sewer" and so on. In case of engaging employees, i.e. he/she is an employer, regardless of his/her occupation in the organization - "director" is written.
5) The detailed description of the wok done is written for those people who do diverse works (except agriculture) that doesn't require a specialization.
6) If the respondent is engaged in farming and produce agricultural products, "Engaged in crop production" or "Engaged in production of milk, eggs", etc. is written, with further explanation whether it whether the production was intended for their own consumption, selling or for other purposes.
7) If the respondent has done different type of agricultural works, and it is difficult to record them separately, than "Engaged in cultivation of agricultural crops" or "Engaged in raising of livestock", or "Engaged in cultivation of agricultural crops and raising of livestock" is written.
8) For those people who work in the organizations that belong to the member of the family, without payment, as an occupation is written the one they are engaged in most of the time. For example, if the member of the family most of the time is engaged in unloading of goods, "porter" is written.
9) For those people who serve in the army, then write "serves in the army."
The work status at the main occupation
For this question the prompt codes are written that correspond one of the prompts.
"1" Employee with a written contract or with verbal agreement. The prompt code is written for those people who work in the organizations or establishments based on a contract (written or oral) and are paid by salary (money or goods).
This prompt code is also written for those people who are assigned for management, managers, supervisors, and principles, for the people who get a salary and work on the same bases and have the same rights as the other people doing the same job.
"2" Employer (owner with permanent employees) is written for those people who direct their own organization (business) on their own bases or with one or several partners and hire one or more workers for the organization.
"3" Self-employed in a farm are considered to be those people who are engaged in the profitable professional and trade activities in agriculture without engaging any workers. In some cases even if they engage workers then it's not permanent.
"4" Self-employed are considered to be those people who are engaged in the profitable professional and trade activities without engaging any workers. In some cases even if they engage workers then it's not permanent.
"5" "Unpaid family worker" are considered to be those people who work in the organization or establishment that belongs to the member of the family or relative without payment for helping and supporting. As a rule they don't get a payment, either by money or by goods, instead they work for a certain reward or for the family budget.
"6" "Member of the producer, consumer cooperative" is considered to be those people who work in their own establishments of producing goods and services and are active (working) member and take part in the process of the production, consumption of goods and dividing the profit with other workers with the same rights.
Besides the hired citizen working in the cooperative (production, consumption) is not considered to be the member of the cooperative.
"7" "Other status" is written for those people whose status of activity is not possible to include in any of the mentioned above.
Have you looked for a job during the last 4 weeks preceding the Census?
This question is filled in for all those people who have looked for a job or are trying to organize their own business during the last 4 weeks preceding the October 11, but could not find it at the moment of interview.
"1" "Yes, I looked for a paid job" answer is written for those people, who have been looking for a paid job.
The ways of looking for a job are followings: applying to the state employment service, applying to the private employment agency, applying directly to the employer, Regularly studying jobs advertisements, Periodically placing advertisements, Internet, Seeking assistance of relatives, friends, participating in competition(s) and interview(s).
"2" "Yes, I tried to start my own business" answer is written for those people, who have been looking for land, machinery, equipment, attempting to raise funds/get credit, applying to state authorized bodies for permits and licenses, etc.
"3" "No" answer is written for those people, who have not been looking for a job.
The questions 31 and 32 are filled in for those people who are looking for a job (for whom in the question 30 the code "1" was filled in.)
Are you looking for a job for the first time?
Code "1" is written for those people who are looking for a job for the first time, and for those people who have looked for a job for many times code "2" is written.
If suitable work appears, would you be able and ready to start your work in 2 weeks?
For those people who are looking for a job and in case of being offered an appropriate job are ready to start the work in coming 2 weeks, "1", i.e. the corresponding code for the answer "Yes" is written, and for those who cannot start the work in the same period of time depending on some reasons "2" the corresponding code for the answer "No" is written.
The 33rd question is filled in for those people who are not looking for a job (i.e. for whom in the 30th question "3" was filled in).
What is the reason for not looking for a job?
For those people who are not looking for a job the corresponding code for one of the offered reasons in the 33rd column should be written.
Sections B, C and D are to be filled out by occupied households.
For the answers of B.1-B.4 and B.7-B.15 questions of this part check mark is put in front of one of the prompts offered for the answers and according to the order of filling in B14 and B15 questions, the answer is written in numbers.
Whose property is the dwelling unit?
To the member of the given household - if the dwelling unit belongs to the member of the household or to the members by the law of the citizen property.
To the state - if the dwelling unit is the property of the state.
To the community - if the dwelling unit is the property of the community.
To the juridical person - if the dwelling unit belongs to the organization, economic partnership, firm, non-governmental associations, foundations.
To the other people - if the dwelling unit owned by someone else, and not by any member of the household.
Homeless - this answer is written in the questionnaire designed for homeless people.
The type of the settlement
Personal house - if one household lives in one house regardless the property type.
House is considered to be a construction built on a separate plot that has a singular postal address, all residential, communal and ancillary facilities, with its additional household buildings.
The part of the personal house: if the household lives in the part of the house (building).
Separate flat: if the household lives in a separate flat in the tenement house.
Separate flat is considered to be a building that is used for permanent dwelling, comprising one and more rooms, divided with other buildings by a basic wall, which has a general entrance, general hall or the building that has a separate exit if one household lives there.
Besides if the household lives in the personal house or in a separate flat, but uses the part of the house or flat and the other part gives for rent, then it is considered that this household lives in the personal house or separate flat.
General (communal) flat: if more than one household lives in the flat, as well as in the houses, flats that have a general entrance and these houses are not dormitories.
Garden house: if the household lives in a house built on a gardening land equipped with its own economic buildings.
Hut or a temporary settlement - if the household lives in a hut, van, van house and in other such places that are temporary settlements.
Organization (institutional) for joint living: this is for those people (except the serving personnel) who permanently live in nursing homes, orphanages, boarding schools as well as for those who live in monasteries, army unites and for the dwellers of such establishments.
Dormitory: if the household lives in a dormitory (regardless the type of the building; whether it is a flat, has a general entrance, as well as whether they use one room, the part of the room or only one bed).
Those houses are considered to be dormitories in which the part of the buildings are furnished and are considered for dwelling of the people who are not relatives and which have all types of the rooms (resting rooms, gyms, kitchens, bathrooms, sanitary rooms and so on).
Other dwelling building - if the household lives in the hotel, rest houses, motels, administrative buildings and in other such buildings that are not determined for permanent dwelling that are not mentioned.
When was it built?
One of suggested date should be mentioned as an answer. Moreover, while determining the date of the building (house), the date is chosen when the house (building) was put in use.
While answering for the questions B.3, B.4 and B.5 of the questionnaire for the households living in flat of the tenement house, information available from the state statistical reporting form "1 - Housing conditions" should be used.
For example; if the building of the house began in 1979 and was finished in 1981, then the "1981-1990" prompt is written, the date when the building was completed. In case of rebuilding the house or adding more floors the date when it was out in use is considered to be the original building year.
The construction material of the outer walls of the building
Stone, brick: if the house is built of stone or brick.
Ferroconcrete (panel), block: if the house is built of the blocks of ferroconcrete or concrete blocks and panels, as well as in cases when the wooden house is faced with bricks.
Monolith: if the house is built of the monolith blocks.
Wood: if the walls of the house are made of wood (quadrilateral or roughhewed) or made of the whole wooden panels as well as in cases when the wooden house is faced by break.
Comprising different materials: if the first floor of the house (the part of the house) is made of break or stone and the second floor is made of wood.
If the walls of the house are made of several types of material then they must be included in the type of the material, which prevails in the building.
Other: in the absence of the construction materials mentioned above.
How many rooms do your household use?
The room is the part of the house, flat, dormitory, which is divided from other parts with the walls and partitions and is determined for living, having a rest, for having classes (in dormitories, children homes and so on).
The attics, balconies, and other verandas that are equipped and are fit for living during the whole year are considered to be rooms. The kitchens, halls, bathrooms, cellars and other additional buildings of the flat and dormitory, are not considered to be rooms.
For example, if two households are living together in the dwelling unit that has 3 rooms fit for living and each of them is using one room and the third room is shared then the Question B.5 is filled in 2.
Besides the recurrent number of the dwelling unit in the questionnaire made for these households must be the same.
If the household uses the part of the room, then "1" is written.
How much is the space of your dwelling unit (sq/m)?
Here the total space of dwelling unit in the square meter is written in total figures without decimal figures. The writing is done in figures (for example 5, 13, 44, 105 and so on).
The total space of the personal house or dormitory is determined by the total square meter of the rooms and additional buildings (kitchens, halls, bathrooms, cellars) including the square meter of the additional closets and halls.
For those who live in dormitories the total square meter of the rooms they use in the dormitory determines the space of the place they use.
In the dormitories the space of the additional buildings used by the dweller is determined by dividing the total sum of the square meter into the number of beds/places.
For example, if the space of the additional buildings of the dormitory is 506 sq./m and the number of the beds is 103, then 5sq/m (4,913, which is rounded) falls to each person.
The space of the staircases, halls, entrances, stuck out buildings and the places used by stoves, additional buildings that are not heated (balcony, attic, veranda) is not included in the total space of the building.
In the total square meter of the dormitories, nursing homes, boarding schools, orphanages the square meter of the rooms of security, serving personnel, teachers, nurses and the buildings of everyday repairs and other necessities (reception area, hairdressing saloon, shop) is not included in the total space of the building.
The dwelling space comprises of the square meter of the all used rooms in the house and does not include the space of the inbuilt closets. If the household uses only the part of the room then the space of the whole room must be written which is used by the household (for example, if three people live in dormitory in 15sq/m space and each of them is a separate household, then 5sq/m of space belongs to each household.
If the household occupies the part of the space and the other part is to be let for rent then the whole space that household occupies is written.
If any of the conveniences is missing temporarily in the dwelling unit (because of being out of order, being under repair or for other reasons), then the building is considered to be equipped with that type of the conveniences.
Do you have a telephone?
"Yes" answer is mentioned if there is a telephone in the dwelling unit and if there is no telephone in the dwelling unit, then check mark "No."
Do you have a computer?
"Yes" answer is mentioned if there is a computer in the dwelling unit, and if there is no computer in the dwelling unit, then "No."
Do you have an Internet access, if a computer is available?
In case that household has a computer, i.e B.8 = 1, it is necessary to find out whether that computer is connected to the Internet, than one of the boxes corresponding to the answers "Yes, always", "Yes, but not always" and "No" should be checked.
The main sources of heating
Local heating system - if the dwelling unit is equipped with local heating system.
Central heating - if the dwelling unit is equipped with group, regional or united boiler-house, provided with steam heating from water electric center.
Gas stove - if the dwelling unit is mainly heated by gas-fired equipment.
Electric heater - if electric heaters, electric stoves and other electric equipment are used to heat the dwelling unit.
Wood stove - if wood is used as a main fuel for heating the dwelling unit.
Manure stove - if the main source of the heating is the manure.
Other - if other fuels are used except those mentioned above.
No heating - if the dwelling unit is not heated.
The main source of water supply
Centralized water pipes' system in the dwelling unit, if the water tap is inside the dwelling unit that is to say it is connected with the centralized water supply system.
Water pipes in the building but not in the dwelling unit - if there are water pipes in the building, but not in dwelling units and the households get water from the same water tap in the building.
Public water pipe - if there is a water tap in the yard or nearby, but there is no water in the house and the dwellers use the water on the public bases.
Transported / purchased water - if there is a water tap in the yard or nearby, but there is no water in the house and the dwellers use the water on the public bases or they purchase bottled water.
Personal water tank - if the main source of the water supply of the household is the personal water tank.
From the rivers, springs - if the household satisfies its water needs directly use the water from the rivers and springs.
Well - if household use draw wells as a source of water supply.
Other - for all other cases not mentioned above.
Drainage / Sewerage system
Connected to the centralized sewerage system - if a drainage system is connected to the centralized sewerage system.
The local network - if a dwelling unit has its local network for drainage.
Other - if other than abovementioned systems are used.
No drainage system - if dwelling unit does not have any drainage system.
Is there a bathroom or a shower?
Yes, in the dwelling unit - if there is a separate bathroom or shower in the dwelling unit regardless the type of the warm water supply (centralized, in the flat, including small water heaters by gas, wood). Besides if there is no sewerage system in the dwelling system, and then it is not regarded equipped with bathroom or shower.
Yes, in the building, but not in the dwelling unit for the one household- if there is a bathroom or a shower in the building but not in the dwelling unit and only one household uses it.
Yes, in the building, but not in the dwelling unit for shared with other households- if there is a bathroom or a shower in the building but not in the dwelling unit and several households share it.
Yes, outside of the building - if the household uses the bathroom or a shower that is out of the building.
Other - if the replier uses other means for this reason except those mentioned above (for example he/she goes to the public bathroom, uses his/her friends', relatives' bathrooms).
Is there a toilet?
In the dwelling unit for the one household - if the dwelling unit is equipped with a rinsing toilet connected to the sewerage system and is determined only for one household.
In the dwelling unit for the shared use - if the dwelling unit is equipped with a rinsing toilet connected to the sewerage system and several households share it.
Outside of the dwelling unit, only for the given household - if there is a rinsing toilet in the building and it is determined only for the one household.
Outside of the dwelling unit for the general usage - if the toilet is outside of the dwelling unit and several households share it.
Only for the one household - if the toilet is not connected with the sewerage and only the given household uses it.
For the general usage - if the toilet is not connected with the sewerage, is out of the building and is for general usage.
Other - all other cases.
How is the garbage cleaning done?
By the garbage pipe in the building
Regular cleaning - if the garbage is put in the garbage pipe and the remove of the garbage is done every day, regularly.
Irregular cleaning - if the garbage is put in the garbage pipe of the building but it is removed irregularly, from time to time.
In other ways
It is put in the garbage can that is taken away regularly - if the garbage is put in the garbage can outside of the building (regardless of the distance) that is taken away regularly.
It is put in the garbage can that is taken away irregularly - if the garbage is put in the garbage can outside of the building (regardless of the distance) but it is taken away irregularly.
Other - for all other cases, including the case when garbage is dumped anywhere.
Does household cultivate agricultural crops on their own lands (their own, including ancillary land, rented land whether with rental or without it) or raise livestock, irrespective of whether the production was intended for their own consumption, selling or for other purposes?
Yes - if the household in its own lands, including ancillary land, rented land whether with rental or without it):
2. Has arable land, which is not used for cultivating of agricultural crops, but fodder crops are gathered.
3. Raising of livestock (cattle, pigs, sheeps, goats, poultry, bees, etc., regardless of age and sex group (including animals which temporary or by rental belong to others).
A household is considered to be engaged in agriculture if its manufactured products are intended for the own consumption, selling or for barter.
In all other cases, answer "No" is marked.
Number of livestock owned by the household
The livestock number owned by the household includes the number and species of household's own livestock, which are, bred both insight and outside the farm, in separate lines.
Cattle, total - the total number of cattle of all the kinds and age groups (cows, bulls, oxen, heifers, calves up to 1 year, etc.) owned by household is written down.
Of which, cows - the total number of cows owned by household is written down.
Of which, buffalos - the total number of buffalos owned by household is written down.
Pigs - the total number of pigs of all age groups owned by household is written down.
Sheep - the total number of sheep of all the kinds and age groups owned by household is written down.
Goats - the total number of goats of all the kinds and age groups owned by household is written down.
Poultry - the total number of poultry of all the kinds and age groups (chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, quails, ostriches, etc.) owned by household is written down.
Beehives - the total number of beehives is written down.
Land owned by household (irrespective of whether they are cultivating or not), including rented out land (in hectares, with accuracy of 0.00)
In "Agricultural lands" line the total number of agricultural lands owned by household, including the rented out lands, is recorded, irrespective of whether they are cultivating (under the agricultural crop production), or not.
They comprise lands under permanent crops (perennial crops), arable lands, hayfields, pastures and other lands.
Measurement units should be mentioned in hectares (for example, 500 m2 = 0.05 ha, 600 m2 = 0.06 ha, ... 1000 m2 = 0.1 hectares, 20,000 m2 = 2 ha).
Arable land - the data on total arable lands owned (including the rented out) by household is filled in (Arable lands are the lands used under agricultural crops, including those under perennial grass, and also fallow lands.). This line includes also arable lands, which have not been used for cultivation of agricultural crops, but fodder crops have been gathered or livestock has been pastured.
Perennial crops - data on total area of perennial plantations (fruit orchards, berry-fields and vineyards) owned by the household (including the rented out) is filled in, regardless of whether they are newly planted or yielding plants, as well as lands which are used as nursery garden.
Including fruit orchards and berry-fields - data on total area of fruit orchards and berry-fields owned by the household (including the rented out) is filled in.
Including vineyards - data on total area of vineyards (including nursery garden) owned by the household (including the rented out) is filled in.
The natural hayfields - data on total area of natural hayfields (hayfields are the lands used for hay-making) owned by the household (including the rented out) is filled in.
The pasture - data on total area of pasture (pastures are the lands under natural or sown grass used for grazing, but not for haymaking) owned by the household (including the rented out) is filled in.
The ancillary land - data on area of the land used for cultivation of agricultural crops is filled in, that is assigned to the household (family) for a residence as a property or another form of handling (free of charge) in administrative territory of the settlement.
Households engaged in fishing and aquaculture
"Yes" is marked, if the household is engaged in fishing, "aquaculture" (or aqua farming), excluding decorative aqua farming.
This includes "capture fishery", i.e. the hunting, collecting and gathering activities directed at removing or collecting live wild aquatic organisms (predominantly fish, mollusks and crustaceans) including plants from the inshore, coastal waters or offshore waters, as well as the production process involving the culturing or farming (including harvesting) of aquatic organisms (fish, mollusks, crustaceans, plants, etc.).
"No" is marked, if the household is not engaged in fishing, "aquaculture" (or aqua farming).
Received money from abroad in the last 12 months
If the household receives money from relatives or acquaintances living abroad, then one of the following possible answers is marked: "1" - Yes, regularly, "2" - Yes, rarely, "3" - Yes, from time to time, "4" - No.
Recorded live births and deaths in household during the last 12 months
The purpose of the question is to find out whether birth and death happened in the household in the last 12 months and whether they are recorded by the Civil Registry Agency.
2.1 Live birth(s)
In case of "Yes" answer, the interviewer should also find out whether the "Statement(s) on birth(s)" was/were made in the Civil Registry Agency of the Ministry of Justice of the RA and birth certificate(s) was/were given to parents.
The abovementioned cases are considered as registered and corresponding box of the answer "2.1.1 Yes, the birth is registered in Civil Registry Agency" is filled in and the number of such cases is written down, for example, 3. If the birth has not been registered yet, corresponding box of the answer "2.1.2 Yes, but the birth is not registered in Civil Registry Agency" is filled in and the number of not registered cases is written down.
2.2 Death occurrence(s)
In case of "Yes" answer, the interviewer should also find out whether the death(s) is/are registered, i.e. "Statement(s) on death(s)" was/were made in the Civil Registry Agency of the Ministry of Justice of the RA and death certificate(s) was/were given.
The abovementioned cases are considered as registered and corresponding box of the answer "2.2.1 Yes, the death is registered in Civil Registry Agency" is filled in and the number of such cases is written down, for example, 1 or 2. If the death(s) has/have not been registered yet, corresponding box of the answer "2.2.2 Yes, but the death is not registered in Civil Registry Agency" is filled in and the number of not registered cases is written down.
After filling in the number of cases in the answers 2.2.1 and 2.2.2, the sex of the dead is written down - in each corresponding box the total number by sex should be filled in, and then in the assigned boxes (by 3 boxes for males and females) the completed age of the dead is written.
Presence of disabled people in the household
If disabled person(s) (disability status should be defined in the manner prescribed by RA legislation) is/are present in household, "3.1 Yes" answer should be marked, and the number of such person(s) should be filled in in corresponding box. Then the serial number of that person(s) is completed just as in the "A" column of the household's questionnaire. 3 possibilities are suggested for the cases, when more than one person in the household has disability status.
Example: If a disabled person is present in the household and his/her serial number in the "A" column of the household's questionnaire is 4, than in the box in the line 3.1 "1" is written (i.e. one person is present), and in the first box of 3 following boxes "4" is written (i.e. his/her serial number in the household's questionnaire is 4).
If no disabled person is present in the household, then in the corresponding box for the question 3.2 "X" should be filled in.
Citizen________ (Name, second name, patronymic name)
Date of birth ____/____/____
Took part in 2011 RA census
Interviewer _______ (Name, second name, signature)
RA National Statistical Service
Adopted by the State council on statistics of the RA 09.07.2011 by the resolution N 38-A
Form N 4
Control List N ..
Where was made
Marz (Region) ________ Administrative district________ Census Area____
Community: ________ City/Village: ________ Instruction area: ________
Number of the flat: ________ Date: ____/____/____
a. Have you been in the mentioned address in 2011, at midnight October 11 to 12, 0000 Yes: ____ No: ____
b. Was mentioned in the questionnaire with absence mark together with the control list Yes____ No____
1. Name, second name, patronymic name.
2. The place (address) of permanent settlement .
3. Sex: Male, Female
4. Date of birth. Day, month, year, the completed age
5. Place of birth (in case of Armenia the marz/region and the settlement, in case of other country, the name of the country.
6. Marital status
2. Married (registered)
3. Married in fact (not registered)
4. Married, only by canon ritual in church
6. Divorced (registered)
7. divorced in fact (not registered)
8. Mother tongue and other language you master well.
9. The country of your citizenship.
10. Academic degree (for the people of 6 years old and higher.
2. General elementary
3. General basic
4. General secondary
5. Preliminary professional
6. Middle professional
7. Higher professional
8. Postgraduate professional
9. Candidate of science
10. Doctor of science
11. For those who don't have an elementary education.
Non literate ____
12. Are you studying at any educational institution?
2. Secondary school
3. Higher school
4. Preliminary professional
5. Middle professional
6. Higher professional
7. Postgraduate professional
8. Not studying
13. The means of existence
2. Self-employment in agriculture
3. Self-employment in other spheres
4. Income from property (rental income, interest, equity gain)
5. Use of loans, savings and sale of capital
7. Public benefits
8. Benefits from non-state sources
10. Under the care of state social security institutions
11. Under the care of non-governmental charity institutions
12. From state sources
13. From relatives residing outside Armenia
14. From relatives residing in Armenia
15. Under care
16. Other source
Marz: ________ Administrative district: ________ Community: ________
Yerevan city: ________
City/Village: ________ Street/Avenue: ________
The number of the house/building (in case of missing the number): ________
Number of the apartment: ____
The name of the house owner: ____
About the results of the verification
(This is not filled in while making the control list)
The given person:
census area: ________
b. was not registered and entered in N --- questionnaire
instruction area: ________
c. doesn't live in the mentioned address
registration area: ________
d. other cases: ________
Verifier's signature______________ Date of verification_________
RA National Statistical Service
Adopted by the State council on statistics of the RA 09.07.2011 by the resolution N 39-A Form N 6
Control List N
(It is filled in for the person who took part in census and has another house (flat))
The permanent address where the person lives
Marz (Region): ________ Administrative district: ________ Census Area: ________
Community: ________ City/Village: ________ Instruction area: ________
Number of the house/building (in case of the absence of the number): ________ Registration area: ________
The name of the house owner: ________
Number of the flat: ________
Name, second name, patronymic name.
The place (address) of permanent settlement.
Sex: ____ Male: ____ Female: ____
Date of birth. Day, month, year, the completed age: ____
Marz: ________ Administrative district: ________ Community: ________
Yerevan city: ________
City/Village: ________ Street/Avenue: ________
The number of the house/building (in case of missing the number): ________ Number of the apartment: ____
The name of the house owner: ____
b) Found in N --- house/apt questionnaire, but after the verification is deleted from all the census questionnaires
c) other case: ________
Verifier's signature___________________ Verification date____________
To find out the age by the year of birth as of the October 11, 2011.
Date of birth. The age of the people, by filled in years, who are born. Date of birth. The age of the people, by filled in years, who are born from January 1 to October . From October 10 to December 3. From January 1 to October . From October 10 to December 31
[A table of pages and numbers was omitted]
To find out the level of education for those people who didn't have a general secondary education (by the finished grades)
What grade did he/she finish or what grade does he/she study. The level of the education according to the given number of the grades.
8 grades in 1962-1989
9 grades in 1990-1992
8 grades in 1993-2007
9 grades in since 2008.
General basic school
In preliminary (vocational) education institutions (college) (with 9 grade education),
In 10, 11 and 12 grades.
From 9 or 10 grades in 1962-1989
From 10 or 11 grades in 2007/08 and latter
From preliminary (vocational) education institutions (college) (with 8 grade education.
Elementary school in 1972-2007 (3rd grade)
4th grade after 2008. Elementary basic school
From 4-8 grades in 1962/63 and latte.
Has not finished the elementary school. Doesn't have elementary education