Republic of Venezuela
Head Office of National Statistics and Census
XII General Population and Housing Census
9. ____ Dwelling order number
2. Dwelling type
 Apartment in a building
 Apartment in a house (quinta, casa-quinta )
 Tenement (Casa de vecindad)
 Shack or hut (Rancho)
 Peasant hut (rural type) (Rancho campesino)
 Other type
4. The predominant material in the exterior walls is:
 Unfinished cement block or brick
 Sawed wood, Formica, fiberglass and similar
 Finished adobe, adobe or mud wall (tapia), bamboo-and-mud (bahareque)
 Unfinished adobe, mud wall, bamboo-and-mud
11. This dwelling has:
 3 or more
 3 or more
 Doesn't have a toilet or latrine
1. How many people habitually live in this dwelling?
 One family
Each family or group forms a Census Household.
Follow these instructions:
Continue the interview for the first household on this same questionnaire.
For the rest of the households do the following:
- Copy the information from Section I, "Dwelling Identification" (Points 1 to 9)
- Leave blank Section II, "Dwelling Information," and Section III, "Number of Households"
- Begin the interview with Section IV, "Composition of the Household"
 5 or more
- Do not include people who habitually live in another place
____ Total number of people
- Spouse or partner
- Single sons or daughters without children (from oldest to youngest)
- Single, divorced, separated or widowed children, with their respective children noted after each
- Married or partnered children and their families
- Other relatives of the head (parents, in-laws, siblings, etc.) and their families
- People not related to the head (friends, etc.) and their families
- Domestic employees and their families (write "S.D." under relationship to head of household)
____ Names and surnames
____ Relationship to head of household
Mark the sex
Follow the same order in which you wrote them down in Section IV, "Household Composition."
1. Relationship to the head of household
 Spouse or partner
 Father, mother, parent-in-law
 Brother/sister, brother/sister-in-law
 Other relative
 Non- relative
 Domestic employees and their families
10. Do you have any of the following disabilities?
 Total deafness
 Mental retardation
 Loss or disability of upper extremities
 Loss or disability of lower extremities
 None of the above
12. What was the highest grade, year or semester completed and at what educational level?
 None -- Go on to question 14
 Preschool -- Go on to question 14
 Primary or Basic (1-6) -- Go on to question 14
 Middle (1-3) or Basic (7-9) -- Go on to question 14
 Diversified Middle -- Go on to question 14
18. In which of these situations do you currently find yourself?
 Not working but employed -- Go on to question 20
 Looking for work having worked before -- Go on to question 19
 Looking for work for the first time -- Go on to question 26
 Doing household duties without also working -- Go on to question 26
 Studying without also working -- Go on to question 26
 Living from pension or retirement without also working -- Go on to question 26
 Permanently disabled for purposes of work -- Go on to question 26
 Other situation -- Go on to question 26
24. In this job, are (or were) you a:
 Private sector professional employee
 Domestic servant
 Member of a cooperative
 Employer or owner
 Own-account worker (who doesn't have employees or workers)
 Unpaid family worker
25. How much did you earn total by way of salaries, wages, tips, bonuses, (primas), or commissions during the last month (or during the last month that you worked), in all of your jobs?
 Did not receive income
26. Did you receive income during the last month from any of the following sources, and approximately how much?