Republic of Chile
National Institute of Statistics
15th National Population Census and 4th Housing Unit Census
Fill in the following spaces with the numbers that correspond to the following information on the front of the census form: Municipality/town, district, census zone, sector of enumeration, and area.
Then, fill in the ovals located beneath the indicated number,
For example: if the municipality/town is number 680, fill in the circles 6, 8, and 0.
If the district is number 3, you will fill in the ovals 0 and 3, and continue in this
manner with the other numbers.
Sector/area of enumeration ____
Spouse of live-in partner
Unmarried children from oldest to youngest
Married children, their spouses, and their children
Other family members (Parents, parents-in-law, uncles and aunts, nieces and nephews, etc.)
Other people who are not related to the head of the household (guests, domestic servant, friends, etc.)
B. Number of People in the Household
If there are more than six people, use a second census form, repeating: Housing unit number, identification number and geographic location.
Note in these spaces the total of persons in the home.
Men:____ Women:____ Total:____
1. Occupation of the Housing Unit
2. With people who are absent ____
5. Temporary (for vacation, workers, etc.)
6. Because of demolition
7. For another reason
2. Type of Housing Unit
A. Single family Housing Unit
3. Improvised hut made of light construction material (mejora, emergencia)
4. Tenement housing
5. Shanty, improvised dwelling (callampa)
6. Shack in a farm (rancho), Indian dwelling, rustic huts
7. Mobile (tent, car, etc)
8. Other (specify)
B. Collective Housing Unit
10. Hotel, Motel, Inn
11. Institution (Hospital, Boarding school, Convent, Barracks, etc.)
12. Other (specify)
-If the housing unit is unoccupied and you have completed questions 1 and 2, end the interview.
-If the housing unit is collective, continue on to section III: Persons in the Home.
A. Principal walls
 1 Concrete, brick or cement block, stone
 2 Wood, plank (with iron, slate or other siding)
 3 Adobe
 4 Mud-and-stick, clay with straw, stone
 5 Waste material (tin, cardboard box, and/or various other waste materials)
 6 ____ Other materials (specify)
2, 3, 4 or more ____
If in the housing unit there is more than one home, remember to use separate census forms (identification forms?)
In these cases, fill in only questions 8 to 16 and continue on to section III: Persons in the home.
16. Does the home have any of the following devices or vehicles?
2. Sewing machine
4. Black and white television
5. Color television
8. Polisher, vacuum cleaner
11. Automobile, or truck (for exclusive use of the home)
12. None of the mentioned
Person Number: ____ First and Last Names: ___________
1. What is your relationship to the head of the household?
2. Spouse ____
3. Live in partner ____
4. Son/daughter ____
5. Son or daughter in-law ____
6. Grandchild ____
7. Parents or Parents in-law ____
8. Another family member ____
9. Not a family member ____
10. Member of a collective household ____
3. How old are you? ____
For those under 1 year of age, mark '00'
For those younger than 10 years of age, mark 01, 02, 03, etc.
For those who are ten and older, mark 10, 19, 43, 65, etc according to the corresponding age
For those older than 99 years of age, mark 99.
4. In what community were you born?
In this community ____
In another community
In another country
What is your legal nationality? ____
2. Foreigner ____
6. In what community did you habitually live in during the past five years?
In another community in this country
Name of the province ____
7. Do you or did you attend an educational establishment?
3. Never attended school (pass on to question 9) ____
8. What is the last year that you passed and in what type of education was this study?
1. First year ____
2. Second year ____
3. Third year ____
4. Fourth year ____
5. Fifth year ____
6. Sixth year ____
7. Seventh year ____
8. Eight year ____
9. None ____
Type of Schooling:
2. Media ____
3. Humanities ____
4. Commercial ____
5. Industrial ____
6. Agricultural ____
7. Feminine technical ____
8. Teacher-training ____
9. Professional institute ____
10. University ____
9. Only for those who answered that they attend/attended fourth year basic or primary or never attended
Do you know how to read and write?
If you only know how to read or only how to write, fill in 'no'
2. No ___
10. How did you spend the majority of your time in the past week?
2. You worked for a family member without pay in the form of money
3. You had a job, but did not work (because of sickness, vacation, leave, etc.)
4. Unemployed (having worked before)
If you selected one of these alternatives (1-4), continue on to question 11 and those questions following it.
8. As a renter or living only on your pension
9. Permanently incapacitated and unable to work.
10. Another situation
If you selected one of these alternatives (5-10) and are a woman, pass on to question 14, if you are a man, pass on to question 18.
11. Describe the occupation that you have, or had, if you are unemployed.
Ex: Builder (bricklayer), Doctor, Manager, Director, Tailor, Auto mechanic, Sewing machine operator, Secretary, Accountant, Statistician.